News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to reconnect to Google Voice

Started by _S_S, September 02, 2014, 09:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveInWA

Hi Tiff:

I'm recommending that OBi 1xx users do a factory reset, and if their box doesn't pull down the latest firmware, to manually download it from the firmware section of this forum and upload it to their box.  This is because some 1xx users are getting stuck when trying to just let the portal do the upgrade of the box as-is.  You're welcome to try it as-is at first, and if it works, great.  If not, then reset it.  At minimum, you should delete the existing GV service provider configuration(s) off of your OBi and then let the portal do the setup using the new authentication protocol.

tiff

Hi Steve,

My ObiTalk portal does not have any added device because when I had a problem last time, I was taught to set up by logging into the Obi device directly from the browser. So, if I do a factory reset on the device, will it clear all the configurations or I should disable the SP1 from the device first, before going to the Obitalk portal to add back my device? Thanks for your help!

SteveInWA

As long as the OBi device is no longer listed on your portal account, then simply factory reset it.  That will wipe out the service provider configurations and everything else, for that matter.