News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 disable calls between phone ports

Started by ism_can, September 10, 2014, 09:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ism_can

Hi,
I have an Obi202 setup with 3 VOIP providers... PH1 has SP1 as primary line and PH2 has SP2 as primary line. Both PH1 and PH2 have phones connected.

Recently I've ran into a situation where the ISP decided to do some work and shut down internet at the same time my alarm system is scheduled to ping the monitoring center. So the alarm system placed the call from PH2 and because the service was down the phone connected to PH1 started to ring... This probably would not bother me during the day since I'm away but when this happens @ 3am is a different story. >:(

Is there a way to disable this kind of call back on the phone ports when the service is down? I looked through the options of the phone ports and the SP but there is not much description on the options to ring any bells.
In the call history any time this happens there are 2 calls at the same time... one from PH2 to SP2 and another one from SP1 to PH1... what triggers this second call and how can I disable it?

Thanks.

NoHomePhone

I am not sure about obi features, but I know for a fact having programmed hundreds of alarms most technicians just enter a random time they don't think you'd be awake to use the phone for the weekly or daily test, you could ask them to change it to an earlier time like so if it does ring PH1 it's not a nuisance.  That's the cost of a service call though =| and booking time to have them show up.

Hopefully someone else knows a way to do this from the obi  I know you can filter caller ids, and phone numbers, but maybe you can try something like this I use a blacklist custom user digitmap enter into my X_InboundCallRoute   and it sends the calls to no where and nothing rings, and my VoIP provider just asks them to leave a voicemail.  I am not sure if it only filters callerid/phone numbers but you could try this modifying this.

{(MBan):},{ph1}

maybe try putting this line below in your inbound call map for PH1 that should send the call to nowhere?  I am only guessing here, I am no Obi Expert myself but it could work.  I'd recommend Saving/Exporting your current configuration so you can revert back to it easily;  Then add the code below to the beginning of your
X_InboundCallRoute   {(ph2):},{ph1}

I know you can filter inbound calls on ph1 and forward select callers to ph2, I do that for people calling looking for my housemate on my number, so I don't have to be bothered by them.  My phone doesn't ring, and theirs does.
VoIP Adapter         : Obi202
VoIP Provider         : CallCentric, FreePhoneLine, GoogleVoice, Voip.ms

ism_can

Thank NoHomePhone for your input... I'll give it a try with the X_InboundCallRoute setup just to see if it makes a difference.

In any case, by trial and error some options in the configuration I found out that by enabling X_NoRegNoCall under Voice Service -> SPx Service (SP2 in my case; this option is disabled by default) the other phone connected to PH1 is no longer ringing...

At the same time the phone on PH2 that I'm dialing from (to simulate a call similar to what my alarm system is doing) is now playing a voice message stating that there is no service to complete the call.

For now this solved my issue.

NoHomePhone

Well as I stated, I am not a sure I was just guessing, so if you found a way to do exactly what you need than that's what matters most.  Glad to hear you solved it, I bought my Obi to stop unsolicited calls, so I can see how a 3AM wake up call would be frustrating, and some panels will keep trying to reconnect.

Sleep well =)
VoIP Adapter         : Obi202
VoIP Provider         : CallCentric, FreePhoneLine, GoogleVoice, Voip.ms

ism_can

;D Thanks.

Yup, it tried to connect every few minutes for about 8 times... enough to wake me up and make me unplug the phone after the first few calls.
The good thing was that the caller ID listed the name and the ID of the other SP service so I knew it was something inside the house. it also helped that I've seen before in the call history these kind of calls being made at that time so I suspected that could be the trigger.