News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Auto Attendent ( Custom IVR )

Started by BruceFerjulian, September 05, 2014, 06:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceFerjulian

I am trying to solve a simple problem with an Obi110. Let me describe the problem.

PROBLEM: This is a small business. During business hours the phone rings countless times with a majority of the callers asking just one question, "When do you close?"

My first attempt to solve this was to setup an Asterisk server on a BeagleboneBlack and use the FXO for the incoming call and FXS for the current handset and use the Asterisk IVR in the middle to default answering this one (1) question and give the caller the option to continue (1) or hang up.

After reading though the Obi110's Administrators Guide I discovered the built in IVR and the ability to upload my one message, woohoo, I just hit pay-dirt. Now I could ditch the BeagleBone Black Asterisk in the solution.

After setting up the Attendant and verifying things were working correctly for both incoming and outgoing calls I looked for the following answer to this question and could not find one.

QUESTION: I do not want to provide the caller with the ability for a call back number, or to dial another number, just play the message and only give them one menu choice, (1) to continue the call. Is it possible to modify the current embedded menu choices (1-3) and trim off choices (2-3) which I do not need and will not work anyway in this implementation?

This is stand-alone device, I do not plan to connect it via IP.

azrobert

You can change the prompts, but you can't change the function. 2 will always be a New Call and 3 will be a callback. What you can do is have options 2 and 3 fail. When you enter 1 for continue the call the AA sends a zero to the AA DigitMap and then it's passed to the AA OutboundCallRoute. You can change the config to only allow zero.

AA DigitMap: (0)
AA OutboundCallRoute: {0:ph}

azrobert

I found setting a prompt to &pause()  disables it.

I would set prompts Welcome, Menu Title and Please Wait to %pause()
Make a recording for Menu prompt like "Enter 2 for store hours or 1 to be connected to a receptionist".
Make a recording for EnterNumber prompt with the store hours.

If the caller enters 2 or accidentally 3 they will get the store hours.
Any invalid number the Menu is repeated.

BruceFerjulian

Thank you "azrobert", that is a novel approach, I will give it a try.

-Bruce-

BruceFerjulian

I tried your suggestion and it worked perfectly.

Thank you for the suggestion.