News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot Do Firmware Update on 1032 from Phone.

Started by Boykin, September 10, 2014, 07:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boykin

Is anyone else having problems performing a firmware upgrade on a 1032.  I have one that downloads the firmware and then the upgrade fails.  If I try to upgrade from the OBiTalk portal, the same thing happens.  If I download the firmware to my computer then upgrade from the onboard web interface, the upgrade completes.  This has happened twice.  When I got the phone, I had to upgrade it this way and I had to do it this way again on Sat for the latest firmware.  Any suggestions? 

Boykin

PS

My other 2 1032s can be upgraded from the phone by going to settings and selecting firmware upgrade soft key. 

WelshPaul

My OBi1032 is configured to automatically update. Never tried to manually update or use the firmware upgrade soft key myself. Saying that though there has only been one update since I had my phone last week.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

SteveInWA

I haven't had a problem upgrading so far, either via the phone's LCD GUI, or via the local web page ,or via dialing ***6 on the phone itself.

But, there were some hinky issues with Obihai's back-end system over the weekend and into yesterday, so it may have been a temporary glitch.

Boykin

When I got the 1032 on 08/29, I could only do a firmware upgrade from the onboard web interface.  Then on 09/06 it still would not do an upgrade from OBiTalk or the phone GUI.  I had to do it from the web interface.  I performed a factory reset on the phone after the firmware upgrade on 09/06.  I will see what it does next time there is an upgrade. 

I am wondering if this functionality may be locked out on this phone.  When I got this phone, it appeared it might have been used before.  It did not have all the packaging that my other 2 phones had. 

dranon

So how do like the phone?  Is it worth the price over just using the obi and really nice business phone?

Boykin

They were worth the price for me.  I had a phone system that had a base station and 2 cordless extensions.  It was time for me to replace the system and these phones come out at the right time.  No one could hear me on the phone on the base station and the charger had gone out on one of the extension. 

I like the fact that I can connect these phones to the network via wifi and I don't have to run any LAN or phone cables.  I admin that I went overboard putting in 3 1032s in a residential situation, but am very happy with it.  I even have my cell phone paired to one of the 1032 and I have call routes set up so that when a call comes in on the cell it rings on all 3 1032s. 

SteveInWA

Aside from what Boykin mentioned, a significant advantage of using an IP phone like this, vs. using an ATA like the 1xx or 2xx series, is the audio quality.

When you use an ATA, with a conventional analog phone plugged into it, you add several more rounds of digital<-->analog audio conversions.  Each time this happens, sound quality is degraded somewhat.  Example:  Mary calls you on your phone number, which is provisioned on a OBi 200.  You have a cordless phone plugged in to the OBi.

Mary's cordless telephone digitizes her voice and sends to her base station, which turns it back into analog, which goes out over her copper phone line-->central office, digitizes it-->over the various phone carrier networks-->your SIP ITSP-->your OBi, which converts it back to analog to your cordless phone, which digitizes it again, and then turns it back into analog on the handset.

If you use the IP phone, you omit the final digital-->analog-->digital-->analog conversions.  Additionally, the 1032 has (in my opinion) really high-quality audio circuitry, designed to support wideband (HD) audio.  Even if the call is over narrowband telco, the resulting sound quality in the earpiece or speakerphone is outstanding.

Aside from all that, I really like my 1032's feature set.  The firmware is still a little rough, but it's getting better.  Mark from Obihai just posted a really great tutorial on how to set it up.

Boykin

I should also probably add that where I live, an independent phone company provides land line service.  The lines are old, DSL is not available and they have told me that they have no intention of putting DSL out here or upgrading the lines because the area is so rural.  However, they still want me to pay 50.00 a month for service (just like the people that have fiber to the curb) that has a lot of static and background noise that they cannot get off the line.  I cancelled the land line back in 2011 and have not had any regrets.  I called them about 2 months ago and they still have no plans to offer DSL or upgrade the lines in my area. 

Even though I spent 600.00 on the 1032s, they will pay for themselves in a year since I am using GV for free.  I now have 3 very nice phones with VoIP service that has good sound quality. 

Boykin

I did not have a problem updating the firmware on this phone the last time a firmware update was release.  I did a factory reset after the one before so I don't know if that fixed the problem or if it was fixed in the firmware.