December 17, 2017, 03:26:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Google Voice and Obihai Update - 11 Sept. 2014 -  (Read 1067642 times)
JJGG

« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2016, 10:31:09 pm »

My obi110 stopped working on 6/14/2016 and after updating the firmware (per reading this thread--thank you), it appeared to be working again until today. Sad

When I tried to go through the steps again, I realize that when I dialed ***1 to get the local IP address, the female voice said "Your IP address is not available". I power cycled the box as well as did the ***8 with 12 to confirm, still getting the same female voice saying the same error of "Your IP address is not available".

Any tips? Thanks a lot.
SteveInWA
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2016, 10:39:30 pm »

Unplug your OBi from power.  Unplug your home router from power.  Plug the router back in, and wait for it to completely reboot.  Confirm that all the other devices on your home network are able to obtain an IP address and work properly.  If not, you have a router problem.  If so, then use a paper clip to gently depress the recessed reset switch on the bottom of the OBi, while you plug it in.  Keep holding down the reset switch until the power LED starts flashing and then release it.  Wait until the OBi completely resets and reboots.  The power LED should be solid green.  The middle LED (network connection) should be flickering.  Pick up the phone and dial ***1.  Did it get an IP address now?

JJGG

« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2016, 07:49:21 am »

Thank you Steve for your reply.

I tried the power-cycle steps for cable modem + obi; didn't work.

Then I tried the reset. I inserted a pin into the hole until the power signal flickered faster until it turned red. Then i pulled out the pin. After a minute, the power signal still remains flashing at about once per second. When I dialed ***1, still IP address not available.   Sad

Any more advice? Thanks again.
SteveInWA

« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2016, 11:43:24 am »

The expected behavior during the factory reset would have been as described here:

https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/How-to-Factory-Reset

It should not be flashing red.  Is that what you meant?  You may not have performed the procedure correctly; please read the link above and try again.

The interpretation of the LEDs is here: 

https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/power-light-meanings

and here:

https://www.obitalk.com/info/support/

JJGG

« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2016, 11:17:11 pm »

After debugging various possibilities, I find out that my powerline adaption (which transfers network via power line) stopped working. I feel like an idiot having wasting so much time resetting obi. Sad

Thanks again for your help.
just4sc

« Reply #125 on: June 27, 2016, 03:29:49 pm »

Hi!  I was getting the dreaded "No Service Configured" error and after updating the FW I am still getting it.  Just an FYI my OBI202 is not registered with OBiTalk when I initially set up my OBI202 with GV and it worked fine.  Is that now a requirement?  Thanks in advance for any help!
DerekfromMadison

« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2016, 04:31:33 pm »

This might not help you but maybe it will help others. I had the same problem with Google voice all of a sudden and updating to the latest firmware worked like a charm. This is the latest firmware.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0
just4sc

« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2016, 04:34:54 pm »

Curious - Are you using the dashboard?
SteveInWA

« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2016, 05:34:48 pm »

Curious - Are you using the dashboard?

You must add your device to the OBiTALK portal dashboard, delete the SP configuration you were using for Google Voice, and set it up from scratch, using the portal.

Read:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

LJack

« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2016, 03:51:15 pm »

I have done the long version of the reset and the firmware update on the OB110.  It stopped working two days ago. I have done factory reset, and successfully re-added it to my profile which contains GV. I have Chrome and GV open on a browser tab right next to the portal from OBi.I have Google Chat checked.

When I go to configure SP1, and click GV I get a loop back to the Device Configuration page, it never lets me add my info. Clicking from there on SP1 or the settings wheel all does exactly the same thing=> goes to the page with the three providers GV Anvio and Phone power. Clicking yet again on GV just loops right back to the Device config Page.

What am I doing wrong?

Any thoughts?
SteveInWA

« Reply #130 on: July 09, 2016, 04:00:31 pm »

I have done the long version of the reset and the firmware update on the OB110.  It stopped working two days ago. I have done factory reset, and successfully re-added it to my profile which contains GV. I have Chrome and GV open on a browser tab right next to the portal from OBi.I have Google Chat checked.

When I go to configure SP1, and click GV I get a loop back to the Device Configuration page, it never lets me add my info. Clicking from there on SP1 or the settings wheel all does exactly the same thing=> goes to the page with the three providers GV Anvio and Phone power. Clicking yet again on GV just loops right back to the Device config Page.

What am I doing wrong?

Any thoughts?

Beats me.  It sounds like you're doing what you are supposed to do.  You may have some bad data cached in your web browser.  Try clearing the browser's cache, cookies and history, closing and re-opening the browser, and try again.  It's also possible that the OBiTALK portal is having an outage -- not uncommon.

Aside from that, try completely deleting your OBi 110 off of your OBiTALK web portal page, waiting a few minutes for  the portal to remotely reset your device, then pick up the phone attached to the OBi, and key in ***8 then 1 to factory reset it again.  After this is done, then try adding the OBi back to the portal, using the **5 procedure.

Can you get that far?

thetwins

« Reply #131 on: July 16, 2016, 10:56:43 pm »

Just wanted to give SteveInWa a huge THANKS for that excellent set of instructions!!  You are the BEST!  (I'm-not-worthy emoji, but they don't have that choice here)

I found that for my 110, it took 3 'steps' to finally work again. 
1.  I updated the firmware as per Steve's instructions, then -
2.  checked my GoogleVoice account, made a call from Chat (on my page it is labeled as home, and is the only other choice besides Hangouts), but then couldn't get any farther, despite rebooting from the web portal, and unplugging and replugging the device.
3.  I then found mkarian's advice, and that finally solved my obi issue!
"Re: Google Voice SP1 Stuck on "Configuring..."
Reply #34 on: Today at 08:22:42 am
Yes I finally was!  I re-tried many times & different things also, so it's a little hard to know what triggered it to work exactly.  However, it connected right after I re-registered the device, so that seemed to be the key.  From the Web Portal dashboard, click on add device (without having removed it first) and follow the procedure from there as if it's a new Obi.  Be curious to know if it works for you.  Good luck!"
I was hesitant to remove my device, and this post allowed me to have the confidence to 'add device' without removing it first, and it worked!

Thanks to all of you who were so helpful!!
SteveInWA

« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2016, 12:32:37 pm »

Thanks a lot, but I dunno why people don't see the sticky post that has the full instructions, right here:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11384.0

JBinObi

« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2016, 06:03:08 pm »

I followed this complete instruction, linked from:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11384.0

I have properly set my gvoice to gchat. I have downloaded the latest firmware.

Yet, my device still will not be configured. It shows:

"SP1  Google Voice   Service Not Configured"

I have OBi 100. Can anyone help, please?

--------

It is working now (after overnight.)  I think it might have been OBi server issue.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 03:27:33 pm by JBinObi » Logged
SteveInWA

« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2016, 07:12:33 pm »

I'd suggest factory-resetting your OBi and configuring it from scratch, following my instructions in this discussion thread.  Here's the post:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

JBinObi

« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2016, 03:24:13 pm »

Thank you for your note, SteveInWA.

It is working this morning. I think it might have been OBi server issue.
3boys

« Reply #136 on: September 07, 2017, 07:57:16 am »

For those of you that can't get Google Voice "Connected" (either stuck at "Connecting" or "Backing Off") - I finally realized it was my Parental Controls on my modem/router that was blocking the connection.
Once I made the change in my modem/router for the device not to have anything blocked, then my OBi200 connected within a minute.

Hope this might help someone else.
jammieR

« Reply #137 on: September 08, 2017, 05:30:49 am »

For those of you that can't get Google Voice "Connected" (either stuck at "Connecting" or "Backing Off") - I finally realized it was my Parental Controls on my modem/router that was blocking the connection.
Once I made the change in my modem/router for the device not to have anything blocked, then my OBi200 connected within a minute.

Hope this might help someone else.
That might be a reason i am unable to use it. I have a usa vpn installed on my router. May be it has parental control enabled which is continuously blocking the device.
ma678

« Reply #138 on: October 01, 2017, 09:09:20 am »

I have followed every step on the instruction and still cannot get GV working on my Obi202. I have two GV accounts running well on the same 202, so I assume there is nothing wrong on my router. I have deleted and added this GV account many times and still get "Service not Configured".

I had this GV # working on my Obi110 until last June. I decided to move it on my Obi202, but failed configuration.

Please help.

Thanks.
SteveInWA

« Reply #139 on: October 02, 2017, 09:10:57 pm »

I have followed every step on the instruction and still cannot get GV working on my Obi202. I have two GV accounts running well on the same 202, so I assume there is nothing wrong on my router. I have deleted and added this GV account many times and still get "Service not Configured".

I had this GV # working on my Obi110 until last June. I decided to move it on my Obi202, but failed configuration.

Please help.

Thanks.

Please don't cross post the same issue in multiple threads.  Stick to your dedicated question, here:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13015.msg83406#msg83406

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: