News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi Phone Setup Tutorial

Started by MarkObihai, September 12, 2014, 06:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anm8tr

Success! I finally got it working! Holy cow!   It's a matter of digging through several manuals.

N7AS

Quote from: anm8tr on January 29, 2016, 12:57:55 PM
Hello,

I just recently purchased a 1062 model phone and have Google voice setup just fine. My problem now is with setting
up SP2 with Anveo. I have 7 phone numbers with Anveo and if I configure automatically it does not give me an option of which number to use and just pulls the main number from the account with no option of choosing a sub account. I have gone in numerous times into expert config by typing the IP address of phone, logging in and manually changing the account settings and everything works and looks good on the phone until I reboot and then all the edited settings are overwritten.

So I have a $25.00 Polycom IP phone that can configure any SIP account in 5 minutes but I can't get a $200 OBI phone to do the same.

What am I missing here? This is driving me crazy!

Thx for any suggestions

If you are using OBi Expert to configure and then try to configure locally, when you reboot the phone, they are overwritten. You can't use both methods. It's either on or another. In order to use local configuration, you have to disable Auto Provisioning.

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

anm8tr

Hello,   

Thank you for the reply! I figured it out after looking at tutorials on Anveo on setting up an Obi100, so I used the same setup and got it working now.

Regards

SteveInWA

Quote from: anm8tr on January 29, 2016, 01:37:07 PM
Success! I finally got it working! Holy cow!   It's a matter of digging through several manuals.

I could have set up your 7 Anveo numbers in 7 minutes.

The key is to not select Anveo as a managed service provider, but as a self-configured service provider:

• Start on the OBiTALK main dashboard page.  Looking at the expanded view of the 1062 phone, you have a list of SPx slots.  Click one of them.
  • You're taken to the page to select a service provider.  The choices are either Google Voice, or one of the managed service providers (Anveo, Nextiva, Phonepower, RingCental, or "OBiTALK Compatible Service Providers".  Clicking that last link takes you to the next page, where you...
  • Click Anveo, and enter your Anveo credentials for the number you wish.  Click to Submit.
  • Lather, rinse, repeat for the other six numbers.
  • Have a beer; you're done.

anm8tr

I know! I spent 4 hours trying to figure it out, I wasted half of my day.

Thx!

RichardRemmele

I have a long time setup with Obi100 and now Obi200 which originally required a landline and Google Voice.  I want to eliminate the landline.  It is not clear to me how I do that.

anm8tr

If you get an OBI phone it eliminates the need for the router. Mine's now a paper weight/dust colllector. It's so much nicer having the IP phone only.

anm8tr

Quote from: RichardRemmele on March 09, 2016, 09:30:12 AM
I have a long time setup with Obi100 and now Obi200 which originally required a landline and Google Voice.  I want to eliminate the landline.  It is not clear to me how I do that.

To eliminate a land line you need an internet connection. Was your internet running over the top of your copper
phone line? You'll still need an internet connection then plug you analog phone into the back of the 202. I replaced my 202 with an OBI phone which now runs over my internet connection without the need for the 202.

dircom

Quote from: RichardRemmele on March 09, 2016, 09:30:12 AM

No Obi requires a landline and Google Voice.
Your post is not clear as to what you are trying to accomplish
If you have GV and it works, then what is the issue?
Did you mean to say you had an Obi 110?

JeffNCC

Mark at OBI

Am a newbie and just connected an OBI202.  Have followed your phone tutorial to the point quoted below.  I have another service provider that is on the obitalk list, namely, voip.ms, and I did UNcheck connection via google voice.  I just want to connect using voip.ms   However when I select the "configuration helper" link for voip.ms (or any other one, for that matter) on the approved providers list the page dashboard page refreshes and there is no change or place to enter provider credentials.  Please advise what is wrong/

Thanks, JeffNCC

If you have an existing SIP account you want to put onto the OBi, scroll down the screen to "OBiTALK Compatible Service Providers" and click next.  On the next page you can either select your service provider (if they are listed) and enter your account credentials, or click "Generic Service Provider" and enter your SIP credentials and service providers SIP server settings.

SteveInWA

That sounds like an issue caused by your web browser.  Try a different web browser, and at least temporarily, turn off any add blockers or security software.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Moonis on March 22, 2017, 04:16:54 PM
Hi, I just bought an Obihai200 and I have been having problems installing it. I did everything that the setup process shows and have a solid green light on power and internet with small flickers here and there. When I pick up my phone I don't hear a dial tone and can't call the test number.

Already answered in your other discussion thread.

trabtw

OK I've done a factory reset. obihai 200 has blinking power led -network led pulsates green signal. Dialing  **5 9873 gives  network status  52 not available. FING shows unknown device IP 192.168.0.13 That is obihai 200. How do I get obi talk to recognize my obihai 200?

drgeoff

Quote from: trabtw on November 21, 2017, 11:04:08 AM
OK I've done a factory reset. obihai 200 has blinking power led -network led pulsates green signal. Dialing  **5 9873 gives  network status  52 not available. FING shows unknown device IP 192.168.0.13 That is obihai 200. How do I get obi talk to recognize my obihai 200?
Step #1 is to stop the Power LED blinking - it should be solid green within a few seconds of powering up.  http://www.obihai.com/support/troubleshooting/start

(Step #0 is to realise that you've hijacked an inappropriate thread.  This one is about OBi IP phones - OBi10x2 models - not ATAs like you OBi200.)

kristenf

Hi!

I'm wondering if I have one SP (anveo) connected to 7 of the 8 ports on my obi, and a different phone plugged into each port, will they all ring simultaneously when someone calls?

drgeoff

Quote from: kristenf on February 01, 2018, 08:45:53 AM
Hi!

I'm wondering if I have one SP (anveo) connected to 7 of the 8 ports on my obi, and a different phone plugged into each port, will they all ring simultaneously when someone calls?
Another hijack. OBi phones do not have 8 ports.  You must have an OBi5xx.

If you want 7 ports to ring then configure Anveo on one SP slot and put the 7 PHONE ports in its X_InboundCallRoute.

osa57

Hi,
my  Obi 202 is not showing on my OBi Dashboard and this is what i get , but i just brought obi 202. please i need help

Device Configuration - Soft Phone
The OBi100 and OBi110 has reached it's end of life (EOL) status and are no longer supported.
Please upgrade to a more recent OBi device to receive support.

Recommended devices to upgrade to:
    OBi200
    OBi202

SteveInWA

Well, if you just bought an OBi 202, then you need to add it to your OBiTALK dashboard yourself.  Follow the instructions to plug in your OBi, connect it to your Ethernet LAN, plug in a telephone, and pick up that phone and key in **5 to add it to the dashboard.

kvc1

Hi,

I am trying to setup my 1032 and I have followed all the steps, but I keep getting the backed off error and the phone is not working. Can someone help please?

Thanks,

drgeoff

Quote from: kvc1 on May 14, 2019, 11:34:13 AM
Hi,

I am trying to setup my 1032 and I have followed all the steps, but I keep getting the backed off error and the phone is not working. Can someone help please?

Thanks,
Another poster who believes that mind readers exist and frequent this forum.

What steps?  Does the echo test work?  Have you successfully added the 1032 to your dashboard on the portal? What service provider are you trying to use?