News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Actionvoip and AA

Started by Purplelaser, May 11, 2011, 02:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purplelaser

I have Google Voice, ActionVoip and Ooma on the POTS line. If I call in from my cell phone to the Google or POTS(Ooma line) I get auto attendant and pressing option 1 rings the Obi phone. If I call to my Actionvoip line SP2 I still get the AA but pressing 1 rings the Obi connected phone but lifting the receiver does not create a completed call. This problem only exists on SP2 incoming calls. My cell phone ID activates the auto-attendant on all Obi lines. If I call my Actionvoip number from the same phone with *67 to block my cell phone ID, the phone connected to the Obi rings and when picked up one can have a conversation. Also the AA caused the actionvoip to dial out the incoming phone number without a "1" from caller ID so it thought the local exchange (US number) was a country code! It made an 11 minute call to Iceland and ate some of my prepaid account credit. Is there a way to route AA option 1 to connect properly to the phone port on SP2 with a SIP provider. Outgoing calls work properly on all lines. I have the newest firmware.

RonR

Quote from: Purplelaser on May 11, 2011, 02:56:51 PMIf I call to my Actionvoip line SP2 I still get the AA but pressing 1 rings the Obi connected phone but lifting the receiver does not create a completed call. This problem only exists on SP2 incoming calls.

Does the Call History give any clues regarding the uncompleted call?

Quote from: Purplelaser on May 11, 2011, 02:56:51 PMAlso the AA caused the actionvoip to dial out the incoming phone number without a "1" from caller ID so it thought the local exchange (US number) was a country code! It made an 11 minute call to Iceland and ate some of my prepaid account credit. Is there a way to route AA option 1 to connect properly to the phone port on SP2 with a SIP provider.

It appears that ActionVoIP wants all dialing in the form of 00 + countrycode + areacode + subscribernumber.  Is that how you're dialing?  If that's the case, the ITSPB DigitMap can be changed to map normal dialing practices to that (i.e. 7-, 10-, and 11-digit US/Canada and 011 international).

Purplelaser

The problem is calls from the trusted circle reach the A attendant and if 1 is pressed as an option the call should ring the phone port. If line one (GV) or the pots line port receive an incoming call, it goes to the auto-attendant. Then the caller pushes 1 and the phone connected to the Obi rings,is answered and the parties can talk. If the call was placed to the SP2 line (ActionVoip) Auto-attendant answers, caller pushes 1, Obi phone rings but is disconnected upon answering so the parties can't talk. Incoming calls from non-trusted circle phone numbers ring directly on the Obi phone port (no Auto-attendant) and when picked up the parties can talk. This is true for calls made to all 3 lines ---- Google Voice , ActionVoip, and Ooma on pstn port. To sum it up : All dial-out functions work properly on all 3 lines. All incoming calls work properly from non-trusted circle numbers to all 3 lines. Trusted circle incoming calls go to Auto-attendant on all 3 lines. At this point is the problem. For calls to Google Voice and Ooma (POTS) callers hear Auto-attendant prompts, press 1 and Obi rings local phone on port, party picks up and talks. Trusted circle caller calls line 2 (ActionVoip) reaches Auto-Attendant ----- local phone rings-- party picks up -- no audio--- no connection. Problem existed with old and brand new firmware. Line one is chosen as primary out going line. Presets have not been edited or modified.

Purplelaser

Problem solved. I now have FreeCall as outgoing SIP on SP1 and incoming calls sent to my ddns server address with a IPCOMMS DID. SP2 is on GoogleVoice. PSTN port on Nextel wireless with an Xlink gateway. All calls ring the Obi phone with or without caller ID except the COT calls which reach auto-attendant. Auto attendant re-routes calls properly including speed dials. Ooma is there too on the Xlink pstn line. Now all calls on FreeCall in US and Canada go out as 001-aaa-bbb-cccc. Thanks Ron R !!

atikansari

i am unable setup the actionVoIP on my new ObiHai. Any help please....
i am getting    Register Failed: No Response From Server.

RonR

atikansari,

Assuming you have Google Voice on SP1 and wish to put Actionvoip on SP2...

Starting with all ITSP Profile B/SP2 settings at Default, a minimal configuration would be:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : sip.actionvoip.com

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (Actionvoip Username)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (Actionvoip Password)

Actionvoip requires that all calls be made with 00 + countrycode + number.  To automate this in this OBi and use conventional calling methods (7/10/11 digit dialing and 011+countrycode + number):

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

(<00>1xxxxxxxxxx|<001>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<001aaa>xxxxxxx|<011:00>xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

atikansari

i fallow-up the steps but still the same error "Register Failed: No Response From Server (server=77.72.174.128:5060; retrying)".

Note: i found the problem, i am using Speedtouch 585 V8 Modem and i disable the SIP ALG using ":connection unbind application=SIP port=5060". now is registered. Thanks.

RonR

At a Windows CMD Prompt, can you ping 77.72.174.128?:

C:\>ping 77.72.174.128

Pinging 77.72.174.128 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 77.72.174.128: bytes=32 time=170ms TTL=237
Reply from 77.72.174.128: bytes=32 time=171ms TTL=237
Reply from 77.72.174.128: bytes=32 time=169ms TTL=237
Reply from 77.72.174.128: bytes=32 time=170ms TTL=237

Ping statistics for 77.72.174.128:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 169ms, Maximum = 171ms, Average = 170ms

RonR

Quote from: atikansari on July 09, 2011, 09:53:10 PM
Note: i found the problem, i am using Speedtouch 585 V8 Modem and i disable the SIP ALG using ":connection unbind application=SIP port=5060". now is registered. Thanks.

Great!