News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ianobi Beta Tester

Started by azrobert, September 13, 2014, 08:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

ianobi,

Congrats on your new OBi forum status!

I think I'm a little bit jealous. Maybe a lot. LOL 

ianobi

azrobert,

Thanks. The offer came out of the blue from Mark. I think Obihai may be looking for a UK perspective. There is a "UK regionalisation" xml to test. I think myself and Welsh Paul have been selected as the UK testers (and Mark of course).

Although the phone has arrived, I am unable to set it up until Monday, so I'll give my brain a rest until then! I'm hoping to check out its standard functions as my "Home Office" phone, then see about integrating it with my residential set-up of a home voip line and POTS, both on an existing OBi110.

Of course, my new status means that I am no longer a "Hero"   :)

MurrayB

Ianobi I did not notice your change in status. I always go directly to the meat of your post.

Congrats and you will always be a HERO.

WelshPaul

Oh no.... What have you let yourself in for?   ;D

Did you get or do you have an OBiWiFi to test on the OBi1032 Ian?
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

QBZappy

Ian (Beta Tester),

Did obihai mention the annual membership fee and the requirement that you be available to pick up Sherman at the airport should he visit the UK? When he came to Canada I had to give him a tour of Montreal.

Quote from: ianobi on September 13, 2014, 09:26:16 AM
azrobert,

... I think Obihai may be looking for a UK perspective. There is a "UK regionalisation" xml to test. I think myself and Welsh Paul have been selected as the UK testers (and Mark of course).

Let's see, an Englishman and a Welsh. Curious that obihai did not ask a Scot as well. I wonder if we can read anything into that?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

MarkObihai

Quote from: ianobi on September 13, 2014, 09:26:16 AM
Of course, my new status means that I am no longer a "Hero"   :)

Don't worry you're still an OBi-Hero!  I've had a play with the groups and somehow managed to make you display as a hero again.  (I'll also try and do this for others with a group badge overwriting a hero badge)

Quote from: QBZappy on September 13, 2014, 03:41:08 PM
Did obihai mention the annual membership fee and the requirement that you be available to pick up Sherman at the airport should he visit the UK? When he came to Canada I had to give him a tour of Montreal.
Good news - we've recently waived the membership fee! And we got approval to buy Sherman a genuine, Transport for London Oyster card!

(Where's that tongue in cheek smiley when you need it!)

Quote from: QBZappy on September 13, 2014, 03:41:08 PM
Let's see, an Englishman and a Welsh. Curious that obihai did not ask a Scot as well. I wonder if we can read anything into that?
:o
Obihai Technology (London, United Kingdom)

ianobi

QuoteDid you get or do you have an OBiWiFi to test on the OBi1032 Ian?

Yep, all possible functions will be tested next week.

QuoteLet's see, an Englishman and a Welsh. Curious that obihai did not ask a Scot as well. I wonder if we can read anything into that?

I think Obihai are staying neutral in the Scottish independence debate for now!

Wow, my hero status is back. QBZappy is now rightly a hero - for the first time I think, I hope that he can handle all that pressure   :D