News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

server error 500 can't make outgoing calls

Started by andyha, May 11, 2011, 02:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyha

Hello, I just received and setup my Obi110. I have a SIP service on SP1 (FreePhoneline) and Google voice on SP2. I had no trouble setting up google voice and it is working perfectly. My SIP account on SP1 is giving me trouble. I can receive calls no problem, but although I can call **9 222 222 222 and connect, when I try to call out any local number I get a strange tone and a male voice telling me "The number you dialed was rejected by the service provider error number 500"

Any ideas? I have a Linksys wrt54gl with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) voip firmware. I have the milkfish section disabled. I've heard that sometimes you have to disable the SIP ALG setting but DD-WRT doesn't seem to have this setting.

QBZappy

andyha,

Hi. I have the same SP setup as you. I can confirm that I have the same problem. I've been trying to figure this out with Obi support. Hopefully we will figure this out today. Misery loves company.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

andyha

Quote from: QBZappy on May 11, 2011, 03:19:24 PM
andyha,

Hi. I have the same SP setup as you. I can confirm that I have the same problem. I've been trying to figure this out with Obi support. Hopefully we will figure this out today. Misery loves company.

Wow, that's crazy...did it just start happening today for you?

obi-support2

It is a problem in the new firmware.

Please work around it for now by setting the parameter:

ITSP Profile A/B - SIP - InsertRemotePartyID to no (unchecked).

We will provide a fix ASAP.

Thank you.
OBIHAI Support Staff

QBZappy

andyha,

Hi,

I think the problem happened after I upgraded the firmware yesterday. I was only informed today that outgoing calls were not working.

(Off topic: Let me know if your registration to freephoneline is "rock solid", or if with time you notice any registration issues.)

I was just sending you a copy of the reply from OBi support. I see that they already took care of that. I wish I could get that kind of service from other vendors. Life would be easy if that was the case. They have set a new standard of customer service for me.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

obi-support2

A fix for this problem (introduced in the 1.2.1(2283) is now available.
Please upgrade to latest 1.2.1(2286) to get the fix.

Thank you.
OBIHAI Support Staff