News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi Blue Tooth Adapter Settings Question

Started by kamhighway, September 19, 2014, 02:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamhighway

I have an Obi 200 and purchased the Obi blue tooth adapter so I can make my cellphone be the default for outbound calls. In the settings, there is a box to input an area code.  If I put 650 into the box, then dial 650 948 1XXX from the phone handset, the number that the cellphone dials is 650 650 9481 -- which is not what I want.  If I dial 948 1XXX, then the cellphone correctly dials the number. However, if I dial a number in a different area code say 808 373 3XXX, the cellphone dials 1 650 808 3733.  I have to dial 1 808 373 3XXX to get the cellphone to dial the correct number.

If i leave the area code in the settings blank, I find that I have to dial 11 digits for every number in order for the cellphone to dial correctly.  Is this the expected behavior?  Are there any other settings that I am missing that will make it easy to dial 7 digits when the call is to the same area code, and 10 digits when it the call is within the U.S. and outside of my area code?

Thanks in advance.

azrobert

I believe you need to manually configure the BT settings.

Enter OBi Expert
Click On Voice Services -> OBiBlueTooth 1
On the right of DigitMap uncheck OBiTalk Setting then uncheck Device Default.
DigitMap: (1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxx)
Click Submit

Now 7, 10 and 11 digit numbers will be sent as dialed.

kamhighway

@azrobert

Thank you for sharing your expertise.  I started reading the documentation and found it hard to follow. I was about to request an RMA from Amazon when I saw your post.

I've made the change and it seems to working now.

Thanks again.