News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

can't hear phone ring when going through auto attendant

Started by andyha, May 11, 2011, 11:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyha

I have FreePhoneline on SP1 and Google Voice on SP2. When i call into the Obi from my cell phone using the AA and make an outgoing call through SP2 Google Voice, I can hear the phone ringing on the other end, but when I do the same from SP1 Free Phoneline, I don't hear the phone ringing, it' just quiet until someone answers. Kinda strange...Any ideas??

QBZappy

andyha,

I can confirm this as well on my freephone line account. It seems to be random occurrences in my case. Users just learned to live with it, or redial the number when they get the impression  the phone is not dialing. It seems to work most of the time (>95%). It is hard to trouble shoot since I never know when it will happen. If it happens consistently in your case, you might do a syslog to see what is happening.

It is good to bounce off user experiences with another person with the same setup. I just figured some  of these behaviors were quirks of using voip.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.