News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Currently using 1 Obi with GV for fax only. Want to get more use out of it.

Started by Kaizer, May 11, 2011, 11:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaizer

My current setup is:

Obi with GV Sp1 and GV Sp2. Obi phone port goes to USB modem and then from modem to house phone. Software fax answers in 2 rings. Then receives fax and archives them.

I also have some friends in my Circle of Trust who call into my Obi for USA/Canada calls via Sp1 with GV. The software fax does not pickup their calls since Obi's AA never rings the Phone port when I receive calls from my Circle of Trust.

So basically free Fax Line for the 2011 and beyond if GV renews free offer and bridging my friends' calls to USA/Canada.

To get more use out of the Obi, I want add OOMA to the LINE port to receive and make calls through OOMA. After adding OOMA to LINE, I get the OOMA dial tone with #. So working thus far. However when someone calls the OOMA number, Obi sends it to PHONE port where the modem and house phone will ring. Since the software fax is set to answer in 2 rings, it will always pick up the phone before anyone else.

How can I get Obi to ring the house phone without the modem picking up when bridging from LINE to PHONE? Remember PHONE port goes to modem then the house phone. My guess is a ring pattern for LINE to PHONE bridge that the modem does not recognize but the house phone will?

Also I have Sp1 with GV as primary line to call out. This is so my friends can use the GV service to call USA/Canada. How do I set Obi to use OOMA to call out when the calls originate from the modem or the house phone? TIA.

RonR

Quote from: Kaizer on May 11, 2011, 11:56:36 PMMy guess is a ring pattern for LINE to PHONE bridge that the modem does not recognize but the house phone will?

You would have to consult the modem and fax software documentation to determine if distinctive ring is supported.

If it does, you can set the desired ring pattern at:

LINE Port -> DefaultRing

Quote from: Kaizer on May 11, 2011, 11:56:36 PMHow do I set Obi to use OOMA to call out when the calls originate from the modem or the house phone?

ITSPA DigitMap:

(<**8>1xxxxxxxxxx|<**81>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**8>011xx.|<**8>xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)