News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to allow access to dialtone of li from SPx

Started by aloksinha, September 17, 2014, 07:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aloksinha

Dear Friends,

Require your help here.

Example:
I want to be able to receive calls on Sp1 of Ob1 - and provide the users with Dial tone from LI - so that users can dial their own preferred number.

How would I achieve this.

I am assuming, it will require the following 2 steps.
1. SP1 Incoming route to have just (li) as the inbound call route.
2. There has to be some way to tell obi - that call has been completed - so that the voice circuit is completed and the dtmf dialing further should be allowed out.

When I provide just the (li) in the inbound call route... 'some' digit is dialed out, as the POTS line says, the number dialed is invalid (the status log does not show any dialed number)

Where am I going wrong !?

Alok

hwittenb

That feature is what OBi provided with the Automated Attendant IVR.  You can setup the inbound call route on SP1 to aa.  When calling the SP1 number, the caller can then enter a 2 to dial a number.  On the OBi110 the Auto Attendant for outgoing calls default Primary Line is the PSTN Line.

aloksinha

Quote from: hwittenb on September 17, 2014, 08:01:17 AM
That feature is what OBi provided with the Automated Attendant IVR.  You can setup the inbound call route on SP1 to aa.  When calling the SP1 number, the caller can then enter a 2 to dial a number.  On the OBi110 the Auto Attendant for outgoing calls default Primary Line is the PSTN Line.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, thats what we don't want.. we don't want to give the AA - and the need to dial 2 - this is what we wanted to do automatic.

Alok

azrobert

When you have {li} in the X_InboundCallRoute the OBi will send the provider's userid as an outbound number to the Line Port. That is why you are getting "Invalid Number" message. You must remove the userid before forwarding the call.

Try this rule in the SP1 Service X_InboundCallRoute:
{>(<userid:>):li}

userid is the Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName
Some providers will send something other than AuthUserName
If the above rule doesn't work post back here
There is a way to determine what the provider is sending as userid

aloksinha

Ok great stuff... - trying and coming back in a few minutes...

aloksinha

Quote from: azrobert on September 18, 2014, 06:14:05 AM
When you have {li} in the X_InboundCallRoute the OBi will send the provider's userid as an outbound number to the Line Port. That is why you are getting "Invalid Number" message. You must remove the userid before forwarding the call.

Try this rule in the SP1 Service X_InboundCallRoute:
{>(<userid:>):li}

Worked !! Worked like a charm - who the fish would have thought of this.. great work... Thanks a ton mate.

BTW: Of the three devices, it worked flawlessly for two of them - the third one still claims, 'this number does not exist' - even before dialling it... in the call status window... i am seeing the complete userid being sent... inspite of suppressing it, by the rule you have suggested... is there another place, that sort of supersedes this suppression.

Or maybe what is being seen on the call status is not exactly the input being sent out.. is there any place else to check.

Alok

aloksinha

Scratch that.  !! - All devices working... Thanks for your pointers.

Alok