News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

remove first digit of caller ID

Started by mec755, September 17, 2014, 10:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mec755

Hi,

On the phone I get the US caller ID as 1xx-xxxxxxx which makes it hard to read.
I would like to use X_InboundCallRoute to remove the first digit if it's a "1".
I tried something like
{(1xxxxxxxxxx)>(xxxxxxxxxx):ph},{ph}
but it doesn't work and still shows the caller ID like before.
Could someone with more experience using InboundCallRoute please let me know how to do this?
I'm using the Obi110.

ianobi

Hi mec755 - welcome to the forum.

This has come up before as some phones prefer to receive 10 digits to present a clear display. The format is this:

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{(<1:>@@.):ph},{ph}

An incoming call with CallerID of 12345678912 will have the leading "1" removed before the CallerID is sent to the phone by the rule {(<1:>@@.):ph}.

An incoming call with CallerID of 2345678912 or any other CallerID not starting with "1" will be sent to the phone unchanged by the rule {ph}.

The above is a very general rule. If you wish to be very specific only removing "1" from 11 digit numbers then:
{(<1:>xxxxxxxxxx):ph},{ph}

mec755

Thanks  ianobi, works perfectly!

Now I can try to figure out how to use my IP phone on SP2 and how to select SP1 (google voice) or SP2 when dialing a number on the phone connected as ph. :-)

Edit: How to select SP1 or SP2 for outgoing calls was easy to find out by looking to the outbound callroute for the phone port - now only the connection to the GXP2000 is still to be done.