News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Question about call return & call return digit map

Started by ProfTech, May 12, 2011, 04:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfTech

My Outbound route Map is {(<#:>|911|(Mli1)):li1},{***:aa2},{(Msp1):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2}
My Call return digit map is {sp1:(xx.)},{sp2:(<**2>xx.)}

Inbound calls work fine and Outbound thru Google Voice [SP2] works fine if I press **2 and the number. Incoming calls from Google Voice work fine [when Google Voice is up]. My question is I thought the Obi kept track of which SP the call came in on and when you pressed *69 it was supposed to "paste" **2 in front of the number, thereby forcing it to return the call using the same SP it came in on? When I receive a call on SP2 and then press *69 it goes out SP1.

Not a show stopper. Just wondering if I was doing something wrong.

RonR

Quote from: ProfTech on May 12, 2011, 04:07:59 PMMy question is I thought the Obi kept track of which SP the call came in on and when you pressed *69 it was supposed to "paste" **2 in front of the number, thereby forcing it to return the call using the same SP it came in on?

From page 79 of the OBi Device Administration Guide (Version 31.03.11: 31 March 2011):

Call Return is the service where the user can call the last caller by dialing a star code (*69 by default). OBi device implements this service by remebering the number of the last caller in memory. However the stored information does not include any dialing prefix to tell the device which voice service to use to call back the last caller. This list of digit maps serve the purpose of mapping a caller's number to one that includes the desired dialing prefix used exclusively for call return service.

ProfTech

I think one of us is confused [and I'm not saying it isn't me] about page 79. Your description doesn't make sense because the two maps I have in the Call return route are straight from the Obi defaults. From what you are saying there wouldn't be much need in having more than a single "section" in the call return map since as you noted. xx. matches anything. I can receive a call from 12172231234 on either SP1 or SP2 and it is perfectly legitimate. But the description on page 79 [and the default call return maps] lead one to believe that there is supposed to be a way the obi can route a call back through the same SP it came in on.

Update: I think I understand the Call return maps now. The defaults in there from Obi are only meant to be examples and return calls may only be "sorted" by Npa and/or Nxx. Can't do anything with that in our area and in my particular operating scenario. Like I said in my original post, not a show stopper for me. I just wanted to understand what page 79 was trying to say.

RonR

I am a little confused.  I need to do a little more research as what I'm seeing here isn't adding up.