News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

USB and Aux port obi1032

Started by tseward, September 24, 2014, 09:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tseward

Can the USB slots on the 1032 be configured to use as a headset i.e. a usb headset? What are the uses for the USB only BT and Wifi?

Also same line of thinking what is the aux port for? Is this just a network port or can it be configured to accept a analog phone line?

Lastly is there User manual so you can actually learn how to make the new device really work for you?  Seems like there are a lot of features like tabs, and more than three lines as well as programmable keys but no real info on how to configure. Any help?

drgeoff

Aux port is for the first sidecar.  I assume that sidecar has an aux port for the second one to plug in to.

I very much doubt the OBi1000 series contains any circuitry which could interface to a POTS line.

There is a draft Admin guide for the 1000 series, but it isn't on the Documents and Downloads page.  Perhaps Obihai can be persuaded to make it more generally available.

WelshPaul

Currently you can use the USB ports for OBiWIFI, OBiBT and a USB dongle to upload images and ringtones etc.

As stated the auxiliary port is for the sidecar. The OBiLINE will supported in the near future. (From what I read, although this may change!)

There is a user guide and a draft admin guide however when I received the draft admin guide I was asked not to make it public as it is a draft and not for public release. I know Mark is working hard to release a final version of the admin guide, hopefully this will be available soon.

In the meantime you can view the user guide which is available for public download via this link: http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi1000-IP-Phones-User-Guide.pdf?v=2&w=8da0abb6af9509127ebc0f1bfb679b35
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

giqcass

Quote from: WelshPaul on September 24, 2014, 12:35:52 PM
Currently you can use the USB ports for OBiWIFI, OBiBT and a USB dongle to upload images and ringtones etc.
"USB dongle" is referring to a USB thumb drive or USB storage.  I don't believe the Obiline adapter is supported.  USB hubs do not appear to be supported at this time.
Long live our new ObiLords!

WelshPaul

Quote from: giqcass on September 24, 2014, 07:00:00 PM
Quote from: WelshPaul on September 24, 2014, 12:35:52 PM
"USB dongle" is referring to a USB thumb drive or USB storage.  I don't believe the Obiline adapter is supported.  USB hubs do not appear to be supported at this time.

Dongle dongle dongle dongle lol I have dongles on the brain ha...

USB drive pen is what I should of said, I forget that this is a US based forum at times. :)

The OBiLINE is not supported at the present time as mentioned above, it stated as being supported in the future:

QuoteOBiLINE   FXO   Adapter (Future): To connect to a Plain Old Telephone System (POTS), for example, to connect the OBi to the PSTN via phone jack   provided by your telephone   company or to connect to an analog PABX

Found on page 8 of the OBi1000 user guide.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

tseward