News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problem with entering conference call passwords

Started by ajm258, May 13, 2011, 07:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajm258

I work in a company where I have many conference calls everyday.

Using the phone connected to my obi110, I can call into the conference call fine.  However, every conference call prompts for a passcode and then to hit pound.

The automated conference system never seems to be able to register the passcode that I'm dialing in through my phone. 

I have no clue how to fix this.  Perhaps tone settings?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Use case: my conference number is 1-800-123-4567  with passode 12345#

I can call into 1-800-123-4567 fine, however the system does to recognize me entering 12345#

AndyJ

Which version of the firmware are you using? Some people (including myself) have been experiencing issues with DTMF after upgrading to 2283. See the thread here - http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=854.0

ajm258

obi-support2

There is a problem DTMF transmission in the current 2283 f/w.

If you need to press DTMF during calls, please temporarily downgrade to

http://www.obihai.com/firmware/OBi-1-2-1-2103.fw

(download the f/w to your PC, and open the OBi web page to install the old f/w).

We plan to provide a fixes to a few of the 2283 problems by next Monday.

Thank you.
OBIHAI Support Staff

obi-support2

A fix for the DTMF problem introduced in 1.2.1(2283) is now available.
Please upgrade again to the latest 1.2.1(2286) to get the fix for this problem.

Thank you.
OBIHAI Support Staff

ajm258

Thanks I just updated my firmware.  I'll report back my results in a few days.

jbresee

The latest firmware fixed my issues with conference call logging in - thanks!

andrewp

Even though problems with DTMF has been fixed in 2286 FW, I still have some issues with it.

Here is my OBi110 config:
FW: 2286
SP1 -> Google Voice
Line Port -> Land Line

In my case DTMF codes are not recognized properly by the called party if they are sent through GoogleVoice(SP1) connection from the handset address book. They are recognized correctly if I send them by pressing buttons on the handset.

If my call is connected over the land line, than both scenarios works correctly. I can either send DTMF codes by pressing buttons on the handset, or send sequence of DTMF codes from the handset address book.

Does anybody have an idea what should I try to fix the problem?

Thanks.

RonR

andrewp,

You might try enabling:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> X_UseFixedDurationRFC2833DTMF : (checked)

andrewp

RonR,

I think that I've tried to set X_UseFixedDurationRFC2833DTMF already and it didn't help. I'll do more tests tonight to be sure.

Thanks.

andrewp

I did more tests and it turns out that

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> X_UseFixedDurationRFC2833DTMF

does not help at all.

To make it work I had to store DTMF codes in the handset address book with pauses inserted for every 3-4 digits. When call is routed through a Land Line, I don't have to put pauses.

knobby

Is anyone else still having this problem?
I'm running the latest firmware with GV and if I type the conference code too fast, it's not accepted.
It seems like the same digit repeated requires an extra pause to get it to work.
For example, 12345567# would require me type in 12345... wait a sec then 567# to get it to work.

OBiSupport

You may dial the conference code from other landline phones, or your cellphone, just for a comparison. If your particular conference system does require extra pause for DTMF transmission, then, you may have to dial that way.

knobby

Thanks for the reply.  The phone I'm using has it programmed in and I used it for the last year with vonage and it never missed.  It is only when I switched it over to the Obi with GV that it no longer works.
I will try it on another phone but it's odd that it worked just fine with Vonage.

OBiSupport

If you have a particular conference number that you want us to verify, please email the support at support@obihai.com, and state your 9-digit OBi number too.

Also, please try Gmail call phone service and see if it behaves similarly.