News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need help pl. to establish my two new OBI200 pieces with GV.

Started by YASH, September 26, 2014, 07:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YASH

I am an old customer with OBI and have been using OBI202 with two phone lines.

Today, I bought two new OBI200 pieces from Newegg for my sons.

I want to configure these two new pieces in line with the same account which has already established with obi and I want to add these two new pieces  there, with  GV phone numbers added.

Can someone please  advise me step by step about how to do that?

The OBI help line phone number is totally useless,.. and they never return the call. I totally pity on this kind of  handicapped services.

I have told my sons, if I could not get it established within next 3 days, I will return those pieces  to Newegg.

I am wondering why  no one discussing here about the MOST POOR assisting services from obi !!  How come,. No one has any issue yet on this topics??

OBiSupport

For the new OBi Device A for Son 1:
1.  Sign-in to Google with the Google account for son 1
    - Make sure to have already set-up a Google Voice number with the account.
2.  Go to OBiTALK.com and add device A to your OBiTALK account.
3.  Configure Google on the device following the on-screen directions.
4.  Make a test call to confirm caller ID, incoming calls work ok.

For the new OBi Device B for Son 2:
1.  Sign-in to Google with the Google account for son 2
    - Make sure to have already set-up a Google Voice number with the account.
2.  Go to OBiTALK.com and add device B to your OBiTALK account.
3.  Configure Google on the device following the on-screen directions.
4.  Make a test call to confirm caller ID, incoming calls work ok.

YASH

^^

Thank you, sir,.
Infact it needs a lots of other works too, to tie in with the approved service provider,..

Luckily,  a lady from OBI had just called and she took care of the problems,....
Now both the pieces have been established in the same account,..

However,.. the Google voice does not have any new numbers available,. In any area code.
I had tried 200+ numbers in all area codes and none is available,. They all are zombie numbers,. Like these guys says,..

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/voice/SvwO_6K--6o

So,.. unluckily, I had to use the same GV numbers as of my last OBI202 piece,. And  still looking for the GV 's new phone numbers,..( of any area code ) to be alloted to these two new pieces,..

Is there any way to write/talk to  to google?
As I was having one old GV account, for that, they had pulled away the phone number after some inactivity..

Does anyone have any idea,.. how to get any phone number  for Google voice, as they have absolutely none available,.. though it shows tons of and all of them as Zombie numbers,...

SteveInWA

Quote from: YASH on September 26, 2014, 12:25:20 PM
^^

Thank you, sir,.
Infact it needs a lots of other works too, to tie in with the approved service provider,..

Luckily,  a lady from OBI had just called and she took care of the problems,....
Now both the pieces have been established in the same account,..

However,.. the Google voice does not have any new numbers available,. In any area code.
I had tried 200+ numbers in all area codes and none is available,. They all are zombie numbers,. Like these guys says,..

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/voice/SvwO_6K--6o

So,.. unluckily, I had to use the same GV numbers as of my last OBI202 piece,. And  still looking for the GV 's new phone numbers,..( of any area code ) to be alloted to these two new pieces,..

Is there any way to write/talk to  to google?
As I was having one old GV account, for that, they had pulled away the phone number after some inactivity..

Does anyone have any idea,.. how to get any phone number  for Google voice, as they have absolutely none available,.. though it shows tons of and all of them as Zombie numbers,...

This is incorrect.  I replied in your other post.  Please don't create multiple posts on the same subject.

YASH

^^ Sir,.. I read your post, and have many conflicts.

It just does not work, to find out any number in any area code with Google voice.

The more you read the agony of all other people around about the Google voice not giving the numbers in any area code here,..

https://support.google.com/voice/search?q=google+voice+can+not+select+number+in+my+area+code

productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/voice/SvwO_6K--6o

productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/voice/lYg7vCA9WYQ

( copy-paste above two links as it is in  new urls )

......More you feel like GV is a spam and that's what makes also OBI equally inefficient,
as you buy the OBI VOIP pieces spending 60 dollars  ( I spent 100 dollars for two )  but no numbers are available out there, for GV to offer,..
the piece has got no meanings,..it sits idle.

Taoman

Quote from: YASH on September 27, 2014, 01:26:56 PM

It just does not work, to find out any number in any area code with Google voice.

Sorry you're having problems but here is my experience of 5 minutes ago. I just created a new Google account and just got a brand new Google Voice number. I had the choice of approximately 2 dozen numbers in my local area code.

You may have no available numbers in your local area code but to say there are no Google Voice numbers available in "any number in any area code" is simply not true.

SteveInWA

Quote from: YASH on September 27, 2014, 01:26:56 PM
^^ Sir,.. I read your post, and have many conflicts.

The more you read the agony of all other people around about the Google voice not giving the numbers in any area code here,..

https://support.google.com/voice/search?q=google+voice+can+not+select+number+in+my+area+code

productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/voice/SvwO_6K--6o

productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/voice/lYg7vCA9WYQ

( copy-paste above two links as it is in  new urls )

......More you feel like GV is a spam and that's what makes also OBI equally inefficient,
as you buy the OBI VOIP pieces spending 60 dollars  ( I spent 100 dollars for two )  but no numbers are available out there, for GV to offer,..
the piece has got no meanings,..it sits idle.

What are the city and state where you live?

What telephone company did you get your forwarding telephone number from?

Have you ever used that telephone number before to get a Google Voice number?

YASH

I am not forwarding or porting any  number,... I do not have any of my old numbers,..

I am simply needing a new number.
A brand new available number from GV for my new obi pieces, for my g-mail accounts with them.

I do not have my any of my number to port/transfer to.

I need a new number,.. and new number in area code 302.

It seems,... you have not even understood the problem even precisely !