News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

can I adjust volume

Started by gworona, May 14, 2011, 05:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gworona

Even when I adjust my phone volume to the lowest setting, the volume is way too loud - louder than when the phone was directly connected to my land line, before installing obi110.  Is there a way to configure the obi110 to send my phone a not as loud "signal"?

RonR

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> ChannelTxGain : (-12 to 12)

Default value is 0.  Try -3 for starters.

Note: The OBi Device Administration Guide has the description of ChannelTxGain and ChannelRxGain reversed.

Billy2Hats

So the TX is the mic and the RX is the speaker?

RonR

Yes.  The description in OBi Device Administration Guide and the help '?' in the OBi have them reversed.

Fixed in OBi firmware update 1.2.1 (Build: 2384).

Billy2Hats

Thanks Ron. Looking to fix an echo problem.

When we receive an incoming pstn call through the OBi110, we hear an echo of our own voice.

Outgoing SIP calls are fine, at least on SP1 have not tried SP2 yet. (I understand a prefix of **2 is the best wat to send the occasional call through SP2)

RonR

Quote from: Billy2Hats on July 16, 2011, 09:57:23 PM
When we receive an incoming pstn call through the OBi110, we hear an echo of our own voice.

Outgoing SIP calls are fine, at least on SP1 have not tried SP2 yet.

Then it may be LINE Port ChannelRxGain/ChannelTxGain that you need to adjust.

Billy2Hats

Thanks Ron, "LINE Port ChannelTxGain" adjustment has helped with the issue of us hearing an echo of our own voice.

OBiSupport

Where are you located? in US? Echo on LINE port is mainly related to impedance mismatch, you might also check on LINE port impedance and see if one of them works better for you without much attenuation on the volume.

OBiSupport

For both PHONE (FXS) and LINE (FXO) port, audio path direction are defined from OBi device perspective.

- TX path conveys the signal sent from OBi device towards PHONE port (analog telephone), and/or LINE port (Central office (CO)).
- RX path conveys the audio signal sent from PHONE (telephone) / LINE port (CO) towards OBi device.

From this definition, we have TX/RX audio path on PHONE and LINE port

PHONE port -
  TX: from OBi towards telephone
  RX: from telephone towards OBi

LINE port -
  TX: from OBi towards CO
  RX: from CO towards OBi

RonR

Quote from: RonR on May 14, 2011, 09:01:40 AM
Note: The OBi Device Administration Guide has the description of ChannelTxGain and ChannelRxGain reversed.

Quote from: OBiSupport on July 19, 2011, 12:04:39 PM
For both PHONE (FXS) and LINE (FXO) port, audio path direction are defined from OBi device perspective.

Somehow I missed that the PHONE Port Gain's were swapped around in the OBi starting with firmware update 1.2.1 (Build: 2289):

- PHONE Port ChannelTxGain and ChannelRxGain parameters are applied opposing direction.

I'm glad to see that was fixed.

OBiSupport

Hope this clarifies channel gain setting issue, and let's know if any concern regarding this.

Billy2Hats

Thx ObiSupport. I'm in Australia using the (impedance) settings from your down under sticky. (A printed copy is provided by the Aust. supplier under their own letter head.)

I have the ChannelTxGain down to -7 to avoid echo.

In relation to your posts with RonR regarding the description given in the question mark "pop ups".

For those of us that need an explanation for "ChannelTxGain" and "ChannelRxGain", could you use "FXO Mic gain in dB (-15 to 15)" and FXO Speaker gain in dB (-15 to 15)" in these pop ups.

Billy2Hats

I have been looking at old forum posts in Aust in relation to echo problems with the SPA 3000 series ATA.

Given that it seemed to be a big problem here but does not rate much of a mention in the US and your mention of echo being an impedance issue, I checked for Aust impedance settings.

I am pleased to report that with an FXO ACImpedance setting of 275+780||115nf and the Tx/Rx gains back to the default settings, I have no echo. The FXS ACImpedance remains at 220+820||115nf.

OBiSupport

Thanks very much for your reporting this. Yes, a good match on AC impedance will do significant improvement on echo as welll as getting clear and load voice.

For anyone from Australia who has LINE port echo problem, this information will be valuable to them.