News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CID question??

Started by andyha, May 14, 2011, 11:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyha

I call into my OBI with my cell phone. I then make outgoing calls through the OBI SP1. The people I call get my OBI SP1 CID which is my home number. Is there a way that this can be configured so they get my cell number as the CID. It's great to be able to have free calls with my cell phone but I really want to make my home number and my cell (business number) separate to avoid getting calls at home from my business customers.

ie: I call a customer with my cell through the OBI, they can't answer but see a missed call from my home number and call me back at home.

jimates

The Obi isn't forwarding the call. The Obi receives the call from your cell and then makes a new call using your land line, and bridges the 2 calls together. Since the call is new it carries the caller id of the origin (land line).

There is no way to spoof the caller id on your land line. You can block it.

You can have the Obi fork the calls coming in on your landline to your cell. Of course the customer already has your home number. And again a caller id problem (the caller id coming in on your cell with the forked calls is that of the Obi, not the actual call).

RonR

Quote from: andyha on May 14, 2011, 11:12:02 AMI call into my OBI with my cell phone. I then make outgoing calls through the OBI SP1. The people I call get my OBI SP1 CID which is my home number. Is there a way that this can be configured so they get my cell number as the CID.

Are you still using FreePhoneLine on SP1?  If so, does FreePhoneLine allow you to set the CallerID on outgoing calls?  Some VoIP providers do, but many (most?) do not.

Euler

I hope to address this problem as well. Any progress or updates?

QBZappy

Euler, Welcome

OBi does not yet have that ability. It has been requested by many.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Euler

Thanks, QBZappy, for the follow up.