December 11, 2017, 04:55:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lines question....  (Read 17741 times)
GaryVass

« on: October 12, 2014, 09:47:52 pm »

Ok,

This is probably a stupid question, but here goes:

I currently have the Obi100 for my business line... I have purchased the Obi202 so that I can expand and have more than one extension.  I will need to move my Google voice number to the new adapter...

Now,  reading the documentation, I have some questions:

I will have one Google voice number... when some calls my phone rings... ok, got that.
If a second person calls, do they get busy signal or would the second extension ring? 

If a busy signal, then I need a second Google voice number?  If so, how would the second caller get moved to the second number and a second extension?

I am sure once I set this up, I will understand better, but I need the information before I set up the units...

Thanks!
SteveInWA
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 10:09:52 pm »

Hi Gary:

Google Voice isn't recommended, nor supported for business use.  It doesn't support multi-line use.  If something should go wrong with GV, then any money you save on calling could be quickly offset by loss of business or reputation when your customers can't reach you. GV has no direct customer support.  I suggest using one of the SIP VoIP ITSPs listed on the OBiTALK portal setup page instead.

TheDr

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 12:21:56 pm »

I have been using GV for my business for 3 years now with no problems whatsoever! So even IF its not recommended use it its free and great!!  Now as for you question just set up the OBI 202 with the same GV number for both lines and put both kines into your 2 line phone. Fi you are on the line the second extension will ring. You put the first on hold and answer the second. Simple. You can also let it go to voicemail. I have NEVER received a busy signal it just goes to GV voicemail. Keep the computer running with GV on chrome and youy can see the immediate voicemail . You can click on the number on the computer screen and GV will ring your obi and connect the call! Very cool. Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: