News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Any way to make a Cisco ip phone SPA 504g work on obi 202?

Started by Dranon2, October 15, 2014, 04:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dranon2

I have 2 of these and just could NOT get them top work with obiplus. I remember reading somewhere that they could work just attached to the lan port of the obi. Anyone know how to use/configure it this way?

azrobert

OBi202 (IP address=192.168.1.100)

Service Provider -> ITSP Profile D SIP
ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,sp4(cisco@192.168.1.110:5060;ui=$1)
This routes inbound to the IP Phone.

Voice Services -> SP4 Service
SP2 service -> X_ServProvProfile: D
X_InboundCallRoute: {OBi202>(Msp1):sp1}
X_Proxy: Checked    (This allows registration)
X_RegisterEnable: Unchecked
AuthUserName: OBi202
AuthPassword: password1

------------------------------------------------------------------------

IP Phone (IP address 192.168.1.110)

Proxy: 192.168.1.100  (IP address of the OBi202)
Proxy Port: 5063     (X_UserAgentPort of OBi202 SP4 trunk)
UserID: OBi202
Password: pasword1

The above assumes you are not doing anything weird in the ITSP A DigitMap (SP1)
I registered 2 devices to a single SP definition.
Don't know if you can register more than 2.

NoelB

Quote from: azrobert on October 15, 2014, 05:44:38 PM
I registered 2 devices to a single SP definition.
Don't know if you can register more than 2.

I have had a gigaset and a samsung phone both acting as local clients and registered to an obi202 but using sp3 and sp4 which is a waste.
Am I correct in thinking from the quote that I can get  2 AuthUserNames and AuthPasswords to allow registration of 2 devices onto 1 SP or is there a different way it can be done.
Thanks for any advice.

azrobert

Quote from: NoelB on October 25, 2014, 05:37:34 PM
Am I correct in thinking from the quote that I can get  2 AuthUserNames and AuthPasswords to allow registration of 2 devices onto 1 SP or is there a different way it can be done.

No, your thinking is not correct.
You have to use the same credentials in both devices to get them to register to one SP.
This shouldn't cause any problems.

NoelB

Quote from: azrobert on October 25, 2014, 08:36:52 PM
Quote from: NoelB on October 25, 2014, 05:37:34 PM
You have to use the same credentials in both devices to get them to register to one SP.
This shouldn't cause any problems.

Many thanks . It works fine and so simple. I have done the same with several atas but somehow never gave it a thought with the obi. I will have to experiment to see if both the gigaset and samsung ring for an incoming call or if only the last to register rings. My SP2 IBCR is {giga>:(Msp2):sp2} but do you know if I could use an incoming call route that would direct an incoming, call based the number dialled eg two different DID numbers, being routed to the gigaset or samsung based on each local IP addr

azrobert

Can I make a suggestion?
Set the following assuming you're using SP4 as the Proxy for both IP Phones:
Voice Services -> SP4 Service MaxSessions: 4
Each simultaneous inbound and outbound call uses 1 session, so the default of 2 might not be enough.

I don't understand your question.
How does SP2 fit into this setup?
Do you want to route inbound SP2 calls to the IP Phones?
I route inbound calls to the IP address like this:
{spx(anything@xx.xx.xx.xx:pppp;ui=$1),spx(anything@yy.yy.yy.yy:pppp;ui=$1)}
spx = any SP trunk defined as SIP
pppp = port#
$1 to pass callerid

Do you know a different way to route calls to a client registered to an SP proxy?

NoelB

Quote from: azrobert on October 25, 2014, 10:14:12 PM
Can I make a suggestion?

All suggestions gratefully received.You probably know this but a bit of background on what I am trying to do.
I am in AU and we have a mass of voip service providers (VSPs) and each enables you to purchase a Direct In-Dial (DID) number that is a POT number that can be dialed by anyone but is mapped directly to one of your vsp numbers. You can purchase several with say 1 in each capital city so your customers or friends can contact you by dialing a local ( for them ) POT number. I have a vsp registered on SP2 and have 2 DID numbers in different places linked to my sp2 voip account.
My gigaset and samsung now both register to sp4 then with an inbound call route on sp4 of {giga>(Msp2):sp2} then dial out using my sp2 vsp and this works well.
So with the info you provided I will try to setup an inbound call route on sp2 so that an incoming call from either DID get routed to sp4 directly to either my samsung or gigaset based on the DID number dialed. This assumes the DID number can get passed on by the vsp and show up as the callerid in an invite . This normally shows the number of the phone making the call but most vsps use asterisk servers so they may be able to set this up.
Thanks again for your help.

azrobert

I don't think they would send the DID# as the callerid.
Maybe they are sending the DID# as userid.
The 2nd argument in an inbound rule normally contains the userid of the trunk.
Temporarily change the inbound route for SP2 to:
sp4($2@192.168.1.99)
192.168.1.99 is a dummy IP address and $2 contains the userid.
Call your DID# and hang up after a few seconds.
Normally you can't see the trunk's userid in the call history, but now it will show as: userid@192.168.1.99
If the userid contains the DID# use the following in the inbound route:
{>DID#:sp4(anything@xx.xx.xx.xx:pppp;ui=$1),

This is how to view the call history:
Log directly into the OBi using the local interface.
Key the IP address of the OBi into a Web Browser.
Hit Enter
The UserID and default Password are both "admin".
Click Status on the left column.
Then click Call History.

NoelB

Thanks I did that and it showed my voip extension number. I also made a wireshark capture and there is no sign of my DID number . So i think the way around it is to attach each DID to a separate extension and then route to either the mobile or gigaset using the IP addr method you posted earlier. A bit messy and will use up another sp . I have sp3 registered as an asterisk extn to provide a POT gateway so I may have a play with that when I get a chance and see if I can use asterisk rather than another obi sp.
Once again many thanks . The more you get involved with this forum the more you realize how powerful the obi is.