News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problems with GV Call Screening and CallerID on Obi110

Started by grey-s0n, May 14, 2011, 04:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grey-s0n

Have had GV for around a year and was using the round about method through Sipsorcery and Sipgate to get it setup on a Linksys PAP2T.  Bought the Obi110 hoping to simplify GV as calls would sometimes get lost going through the other providers.  Have the 110 setup. Outbound works great and I'm told the call quality is a lot better than previous, but inbound calls are now getting screened suddenly.  It's turned off on my GV account and the number is forwarding to Google Chat.  The associated gmail account is not my main email, so I'm not ever signed into it or google chat except when I need to check GV settings.  

Additionally inbound CallerID is not showing up.  GV is set to display CallerID.  Have looked around this forum and google's w/o much success.  Hoping someone might be able to help.  Never had this call screening thing active on my account before and the automated attendant can't even read the caller id. So when the phone rings and I pick up, I hear something like "Call from ......... (long pause) To except press 1, to send to voice mail press 2."  Don't have either of these issues when using the PAP2T and forwarding GV to my Sipgate number, so something weird is going on.

RonR

Call screening is always on when using the Google Talk interface that the OBi uses.  Fortunately, the OBi will hide it for you:

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

I don't know why CallerID isn't working for you.  It works fine here.

grey-s0n

thanks for the quick reply.  looked and skipcallscreening box is already checked.

RonR

Did you update the firmware to build 2283?  If so, there are problems with DTMF being sent but not recognized by the distant end.  A new release is supposed to be forthcoming to correct it.

grey-s0n

yes i did update the firmware to the latest.  would that be the likely cause of my issues?

RonR

Others have reported this problem.  Hopefully there will be a new firmware release very shortly to fix this.

grey-s0n

Yikes.  Well hopefully the new firmware fixes it.  Don't want to go back to the PAP2T if I can avoid it.  Thanks for the help.

jimates

jkmhb

I am still having this problem on the 2286 firmware. Call screening will not disable even though I have the options set on the OBI and in GV.
Is anyone else?

RonR

Quote from: jkmhb on May 23, 2011, 12:41:04 PM
I am still having this problem on the 2286 firmware. Call screening will not disable even though I have the options set on the OBI and in GV.
Is anyone else?

There was a bug introduced in 2286 regarding GV Call Screening (I don't know if it's the cause of your problem).

You might wish to email support with your OBi number and ask for:

1.2.1 (Build: 2309M2482CC9C May 19 14:43:20 PDT 2011)

azrobert

You can register your SIPSorcery/SIPGate account on SP2, then route incoming GV calls to SIPGate.

That's what I did go get around this problem except I used SIPSorcery/IPComms.

jkmhb

Thanks RonR and azrobert. I'll try both and see what happens. Would like to use SP2 for another purpose longer term - I was used to the SPA3102 where you could easily set up multiple gateways.