News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Use OBi110 without a network connection

Started by PeSiw, October 17, 2014, 08:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeSiw

I would like to use the OBi110 to manage outgoing calls from the PHONE port to the LINE port only. After it is configured through the web interface, I would like to disconnect it from the network and have it operate without a network connection.

It is set with a static IP. It works fine while connected to the network. When I disconnect it from the network, the Power LED flashes green. When the phone goes off-hook the IVR complains about "network status .. IP address not available"!?

Any suggestions?

azrobert

I have an OBi110 with a static IP that I configure locally.
I disconnected it from the network and I still can make outbound calls via the Line port.

I have all the Auto Provisioning methods disabled.
I don't know why that would make a difference.
How did you assign a static IP address?

PeSiw

I changed the IP through the web page ... just a static version of the one the DHCP server provided.

I have all of the auto provisioning methods disabled.

Can you make a call from the Phone port to the Line port?

Is your power LED flashing green after you remove the network connection and cycle the power?

Everything works perfectly when the network cable is connected. As soon as I remove the cable and cycle the power, the Power LED flashes green and exhibits the behavior described above!?

azrobert

When I remove the network cable the power LED flashes green and the phone LED turns off. This is expected behavior. I also can make outbound calls via line port.

Nothing changes after a power cycle.

This is how I defined a static address:
AddressingType: Static
IPAddress: 192.168.1.100
SubnetMask: 255.255.255.0
DefaultGateway: 192.168.1.1
DNSServer1: 192.168.1.1

hwittenb

I experience the same problem as PeSiw trying to make an outbound PSTN Line Port call if the ethernet link is down.   Sometimes after I disconnect the ethernet cable or repower the OBi110 with the ethernet cable disconnected I can get a PSTN Line dial tone once but then I get the IP address not available message ... Reason 00.

I have the Static IP address defined the same as posted by Azrobert.  I tried enabling/disabling OBiTalk, removing the NTP Time Server check and repowering the adapter.  I also made sure nothing was trying to register. 

There is something that causes the problem because Azrobert does not experience it, however I can not figure it out.  The problem has something to do with no signal from the router. 

I seems like it is an OBi firmware problem.  My OBi110 is running firmware: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824).  Maybe the problem is fixed in a later version.  The problem has been around for awhile.  There are other postings about it but no firm solutions except for the Static IP Address. 

I believe the problem would affect the ability to make a PSTN call if the router was down.

drgeoff

I can confirm that my OBi110 (2824 fw) behaves the same as reported by azrobert. Mine also has manually assigned IP addresses and is configured via its inbuilt web server.

Are you certain that you are attempting to call out via the LINE port and not via VoIP?

PeSiw

I have set up a short, repeatable, configuration and test that I have used to demonstrate the problem ...

SUMMARY
I have provided the OBi110 Product Information
I have provided a short Procedure that I have followed that gives repeatable results.
I have provided 5 simple Tests that demonstrate the symptoms I have observing.

PRODUCT INFORMATION
ModelName OBi110
SerialNumber 88B01NAZZxxx
OBiNumber 200 052 xxx
HardwareVersion 3.4
SoftwareVersion 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
SystemTime 16:01:09 01/01/2010, Friday
UpTime 0 Days 0:01:09 (13)
CertificatesStatus Installed
CustomizationStatus Generic

PROCEDURE
Power up OBi110
After power up is complete, press and hold hardware reset button on the bottom of the box for ~12 seconds (until Power LED goes out)

WAN Status
AddressingType DHCP
IPAddress 192.168.1.81
SubnetMask 255.255.255.0
DefaultGateway 192.168.1.254
DNSServer1 192.168.1.254
DNSServer2 
MACAddress 9CADEF012xxx

Setup static IP (below), Submit and Reboot. Settings ...

WAN Status
AddressingType Static
IPAddress 192.168.1.81
SubnetMask 255.255.255.0
DefaultGateway 192.168.1.1
DNSServer1 192.168.1.1
DNSServer2 
MACAddress 9CADEF012xxx

TEST 1 - Call phone to line with network connected with static IP

Dial local 10 digit number on a standard phone connected to the Phone port.

After the delay built into the default settings (~20 sec) the called phone rings, lifted off-hook and the call is connected.
Hang up the phone, call is completed.

DISCONNECT OBi110 FROM NETWORK
Remove power from the OBi110
Remove the ethernet cable from the OBI110
Power up the OBI110

After the power up cycle is completed, the ...
Power LED is flashing green
Network LED is off
Phone LED is off
Line LED is solid green.

TEST 2 - Call phone to line with network disconnected and power led on when phone goes off-hook

Dial local 10 digit number on a standard phone connected to the Phone port ... going off hook when the power led is ON (green) ...

After the delay built into the default settings (~20 sec) the IVR reports ... "Network status ... IP address not available ... please review FAQ ... reason 00".

TEST 3 - Call phone to line with network disconnected and power led off when phone goes off-hook

Dial local 10 digit number on a standard phone connected to the Phone port ... going off hook when the power led is OFF...

After the delay built into the default settings (~20 sec) the called phone rings, lifted off-hook and the call is connected.

TEST 4 - Call phone to line with network disconnected and power led on when phone goes off-hook

Dial local 10 digit number on a standard phone connected to the Phone port ... going off hook when the power led is ON (green) ...

After the delay built into the default settings (~20 sec) the IVR reports ... "Network status ... IP address not available ... please review FAQ ... reason 00".

TEST 5 - Call phone to line with network disconnected and power led off when phone goes off-hook

Dial local 10 digit number on a standard phone connected to the Phone port ... going off hook when the power led is OFF ...

PeSiw

I received this as a ticket response ...

This is a known issue that has been resolved.

Please login to obitalk.com and do "ADD DEVICE", and follow all the steps.
Your OBi firmware would be updated to the latest one, which resolves the issue that you see.

Afterwards, you can set it up with static IP and disconnect it from the internet.

Is there a newer version of the firmware than 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)? If so, where can I find it?

giqcass

The newest I am aware of is
OBi110-1-3-0-2868.fw
http://fw.obihai.com/OBi110-1-3-0-2872.fw
I don't know if it's production release.

Long live our new ObiLords!

PeSiw

This firmware fixes the problem ... thanks giqcass!

drgeoff

My OBi110 is hardware 1.3 and firmware 2824 and (as I said above) doesn't exhibit the problem.