News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Multiple OBi110 in one device?

Started by theboy, October 18, 2014, 03:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theboy

I've come over to OBi devices from Cisco devices to rid myself of the echo on the Cisco devices.

Cisco do the SPA3102 (1 FXO, 1 FXS), and effectively bolt 4 together in one unit, the SPA8800 (4 FXO, 4 FXS).

Do OBi do something similar to the SPA8800, as connectivity wise, this is the perfect device (echo aside!!)

drgeoff

AFAIK Obihai have no direct equivalent.  The 504vs has 4 FXS but my understanding is that its single LINE port is merely for a power-fail relay fallback to a POTS line.  It does have 3 off USB which might give 3 off FXOs by using 3 OBiLINE units.  Perhaps more than 3 by using a USB hub.  You would need to check that with Obihai.

And it isn't likely to be cheaper than 4 off OBi110s.

Ostracus

Remember as well it's only the older 110s (and now 504/8vs) that had the fall-back relay.

theboy

The implication is that the OBi544vs *may* provide what I need (4 FXO, 4FXS), but Google brings up no hits at all.

http://www.obihai.com/partner/obi5

drgeoff

The 544vs should indeed meet your requirements but is it available?  Why don't you ask Obihai?

theboy

Quote from: drgeoff on October 19, 2014, 02:30:40 AM
The 544vs should indeed meet your requirements but is it available?  Why don't you ask Obihai?
Was kinda hoping there would be some OBi staff here who could definitively confirm if/when it will be available...

giqcass

Last time I heard 5xx series didn't support Obiline adapters.  Was support added?
Long live our new ObiLords!