News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Calling obi to obi or transferring call from 1 obi to another.

Started by Dranon2, October 23, 2014, 08:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

In the OBi200 definition the user defined digit map is missing a verticle bar before "(200|201)". It should be like this:
DigitMap: ((100|101)<:@192.168.1.100:5062>|(200|201)<:@192.168.1.101:5062>|202<:@192.168.1.111:5060>|301<:@192.168.1.112:5060>)

Please check the call history of the OBi202 you dialing from.

Log directly into the OBi using the local interface.
Key the IP address of the OBi into a Web Browser.
Hit Enter
The UserID and default Password are both "admin".
Click Status on the left column.
Then click Call History.

The right column should show the outbound call like this:
sp3(200@xx.xx.xx.xx)

For security reasons this forum recommends changing the X_UserAgentPort.
Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> X_UserAgentPort

Did you change the user agent port on the receiving OBi202?
In the User Defined DigitMap the port ":5062" must match the X_UserAgentPort of SP3 on the receiving OBi2xx.

You register the IP Phone to SP4. Correct?
I didn't change anything on SP4, so the changes should not affect the IP Phone from registering.

Dranon2

VERY strange for some reason I can login to the OBi200 but not into either 202 I just get a big REQUESTED URL NOT FOUND So I hooked a laptop right into its lan port keyed in the same url and was able to login..

The right column shows: ph1
                                ringing

azrobert

Since you could only login to the OBi200 I assume this is the call history for the OBi200.
It shows the Phone Port is ringing.
Is it actually ringing?
Check the time stamp.
Is this entry from a previous call?
What did you dial and from which OBi did you dial from to get this result?
What does the left column show?

drgeoff

Quote from: Dranon2 on October 27, 2014, 08:22:18 AM
VERY strange for some reason I can login to the OBi200 but not into either 202 I just get a big REQUESTED URL NOT FOUND So I hooked a laptop right into its lan port keyed in the same url and was able to login..

The right column shows: ph1
                                ringing
Not strange at all.  The 202 contains a router.  There is a parameter 'AccessFromWAN' (on the page System Management - Device Admin) which has default setting 'No'.  The Device Admin Guide describes it thus:

Note: Option available on OBi202/OBi302 only

(Unfortunately the missing 'to' in the above extract is not the only case of poor English and careless proof-reading in that document.)

azrobert

I tried the OBi200 config on my OBi200 and OBi110.
It worked.
My Phone Port DigitMap was already setup to accept 3 digit dialed numbers, so I didn't change anything.
I copied the above p2p User Defined DigitMap and changed the IP addresses and port numbers.
I added {(Mp2p):sp4}, to the beginning of my Phone Port OutboundCallRoute.
That's all the changes I made.
The rest of the config is for inbound calls.
SP4 is where I defined my dummy trunk.

The call history left column showed:
From PH1
The call history right column showed:
To SP4(100@192.168.1.110:5061)
Ringing
Call Ended (486 Busy Here)

I got a Busy because my OBi110 was not configured correctly.
I just wanted to see if the call would go out with my config.
You should see similar entries in your OBi200 call history.

If not, please log into your OBi200 via the local interface and post the following:
Phone Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute
p2p User Defined DigitMap

I want you to use the Local Interface because I want to know if the code is getting to the OBi200 correctly.
You navigate the configuration similar to OBiTalk.
Don't make any changes using the local interface because they will be overlayed by OBiTalk.

Dranon2

OK I got the obi a and OBIb able to call each other! YAY ;D  Caller id says private caller though so we wont know if its an outside call or inside? Must be another setting somewhere.  Still cannot get the ip phones able to call each other or the obi's.  I know I have the port's messed up somehow (At least I think thats whats wrong)

azrobert

Great news!
What about OBi200?

I forgot about callerid.
The callerid sent is the AuthUserName of the SP3 trunk of the originating OBi.
I guess your phones can't display an alpha callerid.

It will take a fair amount of modifications if you want to show the extn# as callerid.

An easier change would be to show 100, 200 or 300 depending on the originating OBi.
Everywhere to see OBi202a, OBi202b and OBi200 in the config, change them to 100, 200 and 300.

Let me know if you want the extension number to show. You would need a separate User Defined DigitMap for each extension. For me it would be several cut and pastes with a few modifications, so I don't mind.

You should be able to call the IP Phones with the current config, but I intentionally didn't setup the IP Phone to call the other extns. You need code in the SP4 InboundCallRoute and I didn't want to mess with SP4 until we got this to work.

I'm not going to do anything until you let me know how you want to handle callerid.

azrobert

I might be wrong about callerid.
I think the Out of Area is the callername not callerid, so sending a numeric callerid might not fix the Out of Area.
In the Voice Servives -> SP3 Service there is a CallerIDName setting.
I never used that setting and don't have time to try testing it.
Maybe you can try it.

Dranon2

Whatever is easier for the call Id I just would prefer it did not say "private caller"

The i.p. phones when they call an obi ext i.e 100 or 200 they just get a busy signal When the obi tries to call an ip phone just get the "dah dah dah the number you called was rejected by the service provider reason is 404"

Under SP3 caller features CallerIDName I put in "front desk" on the 202a and back office on the 202b and it shows up as FRONT desk private caller! YAY ;D

Now I just need to get the ip phones working the same way!

azrobert

The following is to add outbound calls to extensions for IP Phones.
userid is the Auth UserID of the IP Phone.

OBi202#2
Add to the beginning Voice Services -> SP4 Service ->  X_InboundCallRoute:
{userid>200:ph},{userid>201:ph2},{userid>(Mp2p):sp3},

OBI200
Add to the beginning Voice Services -> SP4 Service ->  X_InboundCallRoute:
{userid>300:ph},{userid>(Mp2p):sp3},

For "Out of Area", like I said above:
An easier change would be to show 100, 200 or 300 depending on the originating OBi.
Everywhere to see OBi202a, OBi202b and OBi200 in the config, change them to 100, 200 and 300.

I guessing here and I don't have time to test.
You might have to use a 10 digit number instead of 100, 200 or 300.

Calling the IP phone:
A 404 response code is not found.
If you had the IP address wrong you would get a timeout, so I think this is a port problem.
You probably can setup several accounts on the IP Phone.
Check what port number you used for the OBi definition, then change 5060 to this port.
If this isn't the problem, maybe the number we send to the IP phone needs to match the Auth UserID.

Dranon2

Quote from: azrobert on October 27, 2014, 06:37:32 PM
The following is to add outbound calls to extensions for IP Phones.
userid is the Auth UserID of the IP Phone. DIDID YOU MEAN AuthUserName here?

OBi202#2
Add to the beginning Voice Services -> SP4 Service ->  X_InboundCallRoute:
{userid>200:ph},{userid>201:ph2},{userid>(Mp2p):sp3},

OBI200
Add to the beginning Voice Services -> SP4 Service ->  X_InboundCallRoute:
{userid>300:ph},{userid>(Mp2p):sp3},

For "Out of Area", like I said above:

I guessing here and I don't have time to test.
You might have to use a 10 digit number instead of 100, 200 or 300.

Calling the IP phone:
A 404 response code is not found.
If you had the IP address wrong you would get a timeout, so I think this is a port problem.
You probably can setup several accounts on the IP Phone.
Check what port number you used for the OBi definition, then change 5060 to this port. ALL THE PORTS ARE 5060 otherwise the ip phone wouldn't register.
Has to be something else? ip phones cannot call obi and obi cannot call ip phones mmmmm

If this isn't the problem, maybe the number we send to the IP phone needs to match the Auth UserID. AuthUserName??

Also WHERE can I go to learn all this syntax stuff??  Is this kind of exclusive to the obi or is this like a language that other devices use?  I love these obi's  I just struggle so hard to learn HOW to program them.  I tried for weeks to get obiplus working and never got it right, there was no help on the forum and no where to learn the syntax so I could trouble shoot. Anyway I like this solution better! We dont have to dial 9 first to get an outside line

azrobert

QuoteDID YOU MEAN AuthUserName here?
Yes

Here is the OBi user guide.
http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf

I think it does a good job of explaining DigitMaps, but good luck with complex routing.

If you want I could explain some of code above. First, I think you should understand how the OBi processes calls. I explained some of this before. I'll see if I can find some of my previous posts on the forum.