News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Calling Obi from Google Voice forwarding number...

Started by VibrantObi, May 15, 2011, 08:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VibrantObi

I want to be able to call My Obi110 via google voice from the phone that google voice is assigned to, it works from any other phone but on this one it asks me to log into google voice, how do i bypass this?

RonR

If you mean Google Voice asks you for your PIN when calling from a phone that it forwards to, do this:

In advanced settings for the forwarding number in Google Voice, change:

Direct access to voicemail when calling your Google number from this phone?

Yes (default for mobile phones)

to

No (requires pressing star during greetings -- default for non-mobile phones)

obi-support2

Try dialing *67 first to block your caller id (most mobile carriers support this) before calling the Google Voice number.
OBIHAI Support Staff

amac

So I want to maintain my direct access ability on my verified cell phone so that it's easier for me to make calls through my GV number when I'm running low on minutes, BUT occasionally I would like to have the ability to bypass it somehow to call home. Is this possible?? By the way, I previously tried *67 several times and although it works on any other number I try, GV somehow is still able to identify me and sends me straight to voicemail.

RonR

I think your only option with Google Voice is to turn off direct access and press * when you want to check voicemail or make an outgoing call.

If you have a SIP provider on the other SPx/ITSPx or if it's unused, you could get a free incoming DID lfrom IPComms or IPKall, point it toward your OBi, and use it to call home:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=895.0

jimates

the caller id is always delivered along with the call, the request to suppress it is also delivered when you use *67. Normally google would deliver the call and suppress the caller id. But since google already sees the number, it processes it as it's own and sends it straight to the attendant.

As far as I know there is no way to by pass the attendant at google one the call is sent there.

If you change the settings for your phone in google from direct access, you can still press * when the call starts ringing and google will deliver it to the attendant.