News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CallForwardUnconditional invokes Automatic Attendant

Started by CaymanKarl, October 24, 2014, 07:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaymanKarl

I have an OBi110 in two homes and set my PSTN line in one home to CallForwardUnconditional to the OBi in the other home in another country.  Unfortunately, anyone that calls the forwarded house line always gets the Automatic Attendant and has to enter a "1" to continue the call or "2" to make another call.  Entering "1" works but many callers don't know about the automatic attendant and hang up.  Also, when I set CallForwardUnconditional, all calls on that line should be forwarded unconditionally to the phone attached to the other OBi.  Is there a way to bypass the Automatic Attendant on the forwarded line?

azrobert

You are using the OBiTalk network to forward the call. Correct?
You must have the forwarding number coded like: pp(xxxxxxxxx)
If above is true, then change the OBi110 in the foreign country:
Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute: ph

If you remove the forwarding number then change:
Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> InboundCallRoute: ph,pp(xxxxxxxxx)

Now both OBi100s will ring and you don't have to turn forwarding on/off.

CaymanKarl

azrobert, Thanks for your advice.  What you suggested, worked perfectly.  I used InboundCallRoute instead of CallForwardUnconditional and it worked perfectly.  I use it to access Google Voice callback to make calls from my US phone while I'm out of the country.  Now I just need to figure out how to trigger those calls from my OBi attached phone, rather than my Google Voice web page.  Thanks again, azrobert

azrobert

You want to dial a number from the phone port on OBi110#2 and have the call routed out GV on OBi110#1 SP1. Correct?

OBi110#2

Physical Interfaces -> OutboundCallRoute
Add to the beginning: {(<200111111*>xx.):pp},

200111111 is the OBi number of OBi110#1

OBi110#1

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute
Add to the beginning: {200222222>(Msp1):sp1},

200222222 is the OBi number of OBi110#2
If the only rule in the current OBiTalk InboundCallRoute is "ph" then
    change the inbound route to: {200222222>(Msp1):sp1},{ph}