OBI 100 -> OBI 200, now caller ID displays "Out of Area"

Started by dhobi, October 27, 2014, 02:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhobi

I went back to the OBI100 as I discovered I can get more providers (at least outgoing only) via Voice Gateways. OBI100 works better for me, the sound quality and quality overall feels better than the OBI200 and CID works better with my Panasonic phone. It's still on build 2824, managed locally only, not via the portal. I know that at some point GV will stop working with username/password auth, but I will deal with that when it happens.

tomwest

Beating a dead dog .... I just noticed this same thing but I am not sure when it started happening for me.  I had a 110 and went to a 200.  What mystifies me is that CallCentric call log show CID in both cases .... it appears that cellphone calls work correctly but POTS calls fail ? 

FiSH810

#22
Seems there has been no solution for this.  I will just add the following:
1) It is still an issue.

2) All I did was switch from an OBi100 to an OBi200. On my OBi100, I just deleted the SP1 service and then deleted the device.  Swap the 200 for the 100.  Then add the device and configure for GV.  The exact same GV, nothing changed there.
Then I see the USELESS "Out of Area" in large letters followed by the tiny CID number.  I'm using a Panasonic cordless.

3) Reverse the process to return to my trusty OBi100 (delete service, delete device, swap the 100 back, then add device and configure for GV.)

4) Now all is well again.  When I receive a call, I now see either the incoming number or the caller's name(not sure where that comes from- maybe my speed dials) in large letters so I can see who is calling without a magnifying glass.

5) What a waste of money shelling out for the OBi200.  Bought it so that my old DirecTivo analog modem could dial into Tivo again.  That didn't work either.  If you have an OBi100, don't waste your money on a 200.  THE OBi100 IS BETTER.

azrobert

Try this:

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> CidNoNameFormat: Show Caller Number

This is a new feature. if you don't see this option, upgrade your firmware.

nsne

I've got what I believe to be the latest firmware (3.0.1, Build: 4822), and I'm not seeing this feature.

Agree with the OP. I'm using Panasonic phones too and I hate the Out of Area CID for every single number.

SteveInWA

Quote from: nsne on September 19, 2015, 06:13:14 PM
I've got what I believe to be the latest firmware (3.0.1, Build: 4822), and I'm not seeing this feature.

Agree with the OP. I'm using Panasonic phones too and I hate the Out of Area CID for every single number.

You need to log into your OBi device's local web server, not via the OBiTALK portal, to see this setting (press ***1 on the OBi-attached telephone to hear your device's assigned IP address).  You'll need to un-check the "Default" box to unlock the ability to change the setting.

nsne


FiSH810

The latest version of firmware I could find is 3.0.1.4738.  And that is what I'm running on my 200. But I don't see that option.  And I did log into my OBi200's local webpage.  Found the location you mentioned but nothing about caller id.  Can you tell me where to find a newer version??  Many thanks.

BTW, the people at Obihai Customer Support seem to know nothing of this menu option.


FiSH810

That did the trick. MANY THANKS.  Still wondering why OBi Customer Support didn't offer this advice.

Bitcaptain

Quote from: azrobert on September 19, 2015, 05:13:27 PM
Try this:

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> CidNoNameFormat: Show Caller Number

This is a new feature. if you don't see this option, upgrade your firmware.


Thank you!

Tooth

Greetings,

My home phone number (Google Voice) forwards all inbound calls to my Callcentric number. I also have a call treatment that routes all inbound calls from contacts in my Callcentric phone book directly to my Callcentric extension. I've recently noticed that the caller's name that is entered into my Callcentric phonebook is not being shown on the caller ID display on the handset of my home phone.

Callcentric support has advised that the issue is specifically related to the Obi200 not parsing the CNAM/ caller ID information properly. CC suggested that I contact Polycom Support for a resolution. Before I do that, I wanted to check here to find out if there is any solution or workaround for this issue?

Taoman

Quote from: Tooth on November 19, 2021, 09:32:36 AM
I wanted to check here to find out if there is any solution or workaround for this issue?
Which SP is your Google Voice trunk configured on?
Which SP is your Callcentric trunk configured on?
I will assume Google Voice is on SP1.

Check your Call History directly on your OBi device itself. Do you see any calls From SP1?

Tooth

Quote from: Taoman on November 19, 2021, 01:38:01 PM
Which SP is your Google Voice trunk configured on?
Which SP is your Callcentric trunk configured on?
I will assume Google Voice is on SP1.

Check your Call History directly on your OBi device itself. Do you see any calls From SP1?

Google Voice is configured on SP1, Callcentric configured on SP2. Using the call history directly on the OBi, I looked for a recent example of an inbound call from someone in my Callcentric phone book. On that call, I could see that inbound call was from SP1.

I guess that means the call is actually being answered on SP1 and not being properly forwarded to SP2? Something must be wrong with my Google Voice settings?

Taoman

Quote from: Tooth on November 23, 2021, 12:02:02 PM

I guess that means the call is actually being answered on SP1 and not being properly forwarded to SP2? Something must be wrong with my Google Voice settings?

Indeed. This has nothing to do with Callcentric or your OBi device. I'm surprised Callcentric steered you wrong. Their answer was utter bs.
First, check the following link and make sure your OBi device is unchecked.
https://www.google.com/voice/b/0/redirection/voice/#phones

Then click on the Groups heading.
Edit All Contacts
If Default phone list is collapsed, click on Edit button
Uncheck your OBi device and Save your settings

PS. I assume you haven't created any additional labels/groups and added them to any of your Contacts? If so, you'll need to uncheck your OBi device for those groups also.

Tooth

Quote from: Taoman on November 23, 2021, 01:28:23 PM
First, check the following link and make sure your OBi device is unchecked.
https://www.google.com/voice/b/0/redirection/voice/#phones

Then click on the Groups heading.
Edit All Contacts
If Default phone list is collapsed, click on Edit button
Uncheck your OBi device and Save your settings

PS. I assume you haven't created any additional labels/groups and added them to any of your Contacts? If so, you'll need to uncheck your OBi device for those groups also.

Thanks, Taoman! I think that did the trick. Not sure how the Obi device got enabled to answer calls in my Google Voice settings because when I first set up my Obi200 a few years ago I had all my GV settings configured correctly. I guess the GV settings must have reverted when I did a recent reset of my Obi device and its SP1 and SP2 registrations. Cheers!

Taoman

Quote from: Tooth on November 24, 2021, 09:24:19 AM

Thanks, Taoman! I think that did the trick.

Glad to hear it. There is another option assuming your OBi-connected phone has its own phonebook. Add your Contacts to your phone's address book. Then route your All Contacts group to your OBi device and uncheck Callcentric. This would have the advantage of reducing your call path by one hop and potentially giving you better call quality and less latency while still showing the caller's name on your phone's display. You would need to preface each phone number with a 1 for this to work.

You would keep things the same on the Phones page. This way unknown callers get routed to Callcentric, which has superior telespammer blocking tools, and known callers in your Contacts get routed directly to your OBi.