News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Importing Contacts via Bluetooth on 1032

Started by Boykin, September 05, 2014, 05:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boykin

Has anyone been able to import contacts from an attached cellphone via Bluetooth to a 1032?  Every time I try, the 1032 disables Bluetooth.  I have to turn it off and back on to reconnect to the cell phone.  The cell phone says that it is still connected to the 1032. 

SteveInWA

That feature is currently not working reliably.  It's planned to be fixed in a future release.

Boykin

Thanks for the info. 

That will be a cool feature and save a lot of time since I need to copy my address book from my phone to 3 1032s.

SteveInWA

Yep, it will be a "how could I have ever lived without this" feature.  Currently, given the product's target market, the priority is to be able to import or otherwise access corporate/office directories (MS Exchange/AD or Google Contacts, or a directory accessed via a PBX).

The ability to download the phone's own, local address book via the standard Bluetooth profile is a planned feature that just wasn't working in time for the product's release.  I assume it'll work sometime soon.

Incidentally, there appears to be a bug (not clear if it's firmware or hardware) that makes the OBiBT USB dongle malfunction when plugged into (if I remember correctly) the top USB slot.  If you have weird issues with the OBiBT, try removing the dongle, deleting your phone off of the OBiTALK portal to clear out the existing BT configuration, and then plug the dongle into the other USB slot, and start over.

Boykin

Quote from: SteveInWA on September 06, 2014, 06:55:07 PM
Yep, it will be a "how could I have ever lived without this" feature.  Currently, given the product's target market, the priority is to be able to import or otherwise access corporate/office directories (MS Exchange/AD or Google Contacts, or a directory accessed via a PBX).

The ability to download the phone's own, local address book via the standard Bluetooth profile is a planned feature that just wasn't working in time for the product's release.  I assume it'll work sometime soon.

Incidentally, there appears to be a bug (not clear if it's firmware or hardware) that makes the OBiBT USB dongle malfunction when plugged into (if I remember correctly) the top USB slot.  If you have weird issues with the OBiBT, try removing the dongle, deleting your phone off of the OBiTALK portal to clear out the existing BT configuration, and then plug the dongle into the other USB slot, and start over.

Thanks for this info.  I lucked up on this one.  I have my OBi wifi on the top and the BT on the bottom.  

Xipper

This feature seems to have stopped working entirely with the newer firmware, my phone doesn't even detect the phone as having address sync capability anymore...and contact sync was the only feature of OBiBT that i was able to actually get to work.  ???

Boykin

You can do some BT configuration on the expert configuration, Voice Service, OBi Bluetooth. 

I have line button 3 customized with the number and description of my cell phone, but I had to go to the web page on the device and not OBiTalk to make those changes. 

SteveInWA

Quote from: Xipper on September 09, 2014, 01:01:09 PM
This feature seems to have stopped working entirely with the newer firmware, my phone doesn't even detect the phone as having address sync capability anymore...and contact sync was the only feature of OBiBT that i was able to actually get to work.  ???

As I pointed out in other threads, the BT contacts upload feature didn't work properly during beta, and they pulled it.  It is on the "to-do list" to get working soon.

Boykin

I may need to post this in feature request, but I am going to post this question here to begin with. 

I have 3 OBi1032s.  Will there be a way to copy contacts from one 1032 to another? 

It would bee cool if I could back up an address book like backing up the device config and then restore it to another 1032 like restoring the device config. 

man8

Any progress on this?

From what I'm reading, we're waiting for the BT Sync to work via future firmware or having Google Contacts (Exchange etc) sync up.

I would prefer to have Google Contacts sync up imo.

for a 1032's BT to work, I need to purchase the Obi's BT USB Dongle?

Thanks
M

Boykin

This was fixed for me with the last FW update.  I am running Windows Phone 8.1 update 1.

You do have to purchase the BT dongle to sync contacts from a cell phone to a 1032.  The dongle will also allow you to make and receive cell calls on your 1032. 

SteveInWA

Bluetooth support is improving.  It's not going to be universally perfect, but the Obihai team is working to expand device support.  My older Android devices (4.0 and 4.1) still don't work, but my brand new 4.4 phone works great, to sync contacts, and it even picks up their contact photos.