News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Update to OBi200

Started by ceg3, November 06, 2014, 06:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceg3

Just updated to new version for OBi200, 3.0.1 Build 4477, and everything seems AOK.

dhobi

Where did you get this version from? I just did a ***6 on my OBI200 and it says I'm up to date even though I'm on 4350. Is 4477 some beta/pre-release version?

SteveInWA

I assume it's rolling out in stages.  My 202 got it after a ***6.

No release notes yet, so I have no idea what it changed.

ceg3

Quote from: dhobi on November 06, 2014, 06:19:47 PM
Where did you get this version from? I just did a ***6 on my OBI200 and it says I'm up to date even though I'm on 4350. Is 4477 some beta/pre-release version?
Just logged in and noticed the tell tale orange shield.

Taoman

Seems to be running fine for me also. Wish they would post release notes.

"Up to date" doesn't necessarily mean you have the latest firmware available.

http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-0-1-4477.fw

dhobi

I updated to this new version, lost Google Voice from SP1, now it says "No Service Configured" even though GV is configured, credentials and all. I do not use the ObiTalk portal, I just configure the device manually. Not sure what changed but what I used to do before no longer works it seems. Back to 4350.

azrobert

Be aware that 4350 is the last firmware version that supports the old method of configuring GV. I think you will have to delete GV then re-add it using OBiTalk after upgrading to 4477.

SteveInWA

Quote from: dhobi on November 06, 2014, 08:42:37 PM
I updated to this new version, lost Google Voice from SP1, now it says "No Service Configured" even though GV is configured, credentials and all. I do not use the ObiTalk portal, I just configure the device manually. Not sure what changed but what I used to do before no longer works it seems. Back to 4350.

This has been discussed for months.  The local web interface is no longer supported for Google Voice configuration.  Use the OBiTALK portal.  If you are allergic to the portal for some reason, use it to set up GV, and then use the local interface for everything else.

See these instructions:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

dhobi

Quote from: azrobert on November 06, 2014, 08:47:52 PM

Be aware that 4350 is the last firmware version that supports the old method of configuring GV. I think you will have to delete GV then re-add it using OBiTalk after upgrading to 4477.

Ah, I can't downgrade to 4350 :-( Any workarounds to go back to the old version?

SteveInWA

Quote from: dhobi on November 06, 2014, 09:03:32 PM
Quote from: azrobert on November 06, 2014, 08:47:52 PM

Ah, I can't downgrade to 4350 :-( Any workarounds to go back to the old version?

Just use the new version.  Set up GV on the Portal, then go back to your local web page method for whatever else you want to do.  BFD.

azrobert

If you want to configure your OBi with the local interface see this:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8685.0

azrobert

Start with Step 5.
In Step 8 Delete the SP where GV is defined then re-define GV.

dhobi

Quote from: azrobert on November 06, 2014, 09:07:11 PM

Thank you. Doing GV OAuth is fine, but I don't want to enter my other SIP passwords through the portal.

Anyone found a way to actually downgrade the firmware? Good thing I still have my old OBI100 as I'm without GV service now. Ooops.

azrobert

The configuration backup does not include passwords, so your SIP passwords will not be stored on OBiTalk after the import. After you add GV, OBiTalk will NOT overlay the current SIP passwords on your OBi with blanks.

dhobi

Quote from: azrobert on November 06, 2014, 09:24:24 PM
The configuration backup does not include passwords, so your SIP passwords will not be stored on OBiTalk after the import. After you add GV, OBiTalk will NOT overlay the current SIP passwords on your OBi with blanks.

Ah good to know, then it's acceptable. Has that CID "out of area" problem we were talking about in a different thread been solved in 4477?

SteveInWA

Quote from: dhobi on November 06, 2014, 09:12:15 PM
Quote from: azrobert on November 06, 2014, 09:07:11 PM

Thank you. Doing GV OAuth is fine, but I don't want to enter my other SIP passwords through the portal.

Anyone found a way to actually downgrade the firmware? Good thing I still have my old OBI100 as I'm without GV service now. Ooops.

There is no valid reason to downgrade the firmware to configure Google Voice locally.  The portal method is more secure, as Obihai, and your OBi hardware devices, never have your Google password.  You are instead interacting directly with Google and your own Google account to set it up.  Follow Robert's instructions to use the portal to configure Google Voice, then use the local interface for your SIP stuff.

lrosenman

at least one of the fixes is the save call history now writes valid XML.....

N7AS

I just noticed that the new firmware is available for my 202. I don't use GV directly, but use it through the Simonics GV Gateway using SIP. If I allow the upgrade, will it have any effect on my setup?
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

azrobert

Quote from: dhobi on November 06, 2014, 09:29:54 PM
Has that CID "out of area" problem we were talking about in a different thread been solved in 4477?

I'm getting the same "out of area" with 4477.

Mango

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 06, 2014, 09:31:35 PMThere is no valid reason to downgrade the firmware to configure Google Voice locally.

If Obihai ever goes bankrupt and OBiTALK drops offline (unlikely but possible) or Obihai is bought by a larger company which decides not to offer OBiTALK (possible), it will no longer be possible to configure Google Voice on ATAs with the new firmware.  The devices with the old firmware will continue to work with Google Voice for as long as Google allows.

I genuinely hope none of that happens, but it is not outside the realm of possibility.