News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

UK PSTN caller-id not passed by Obi110

Started by DeanUK, November 07, 2014, 07:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianobi

The PhonerLite tests eliminate all of the possible complications that decoding the CallerID from a PSTN line involves.

From your test results it seems to me that CallerID and CName are being correctly decoded by the OBi from the Line Port and via a SIP call. It also seems to be the case that the information is being passed to the Phone Port (see LastCallerInfo). This leaves two possibilities:

1. There is some strange incompatibility between the OBi110 Phone Port and both devices you have tried for receiving CallerID.

2. The OBi110 Phone Port is actually faulty in respect of passing CallerID.

I think it may be time to open a support ticket with Obihai. It would be helpful to refer them to this thread so they can see what tests you have carried out.

DeanUK

I have opened up a support ticket via the Obihai website and quoted this thread. I'll keep you updated with any new info. Thanks.

MarkObihai

Hi Dean, can you ensure that the inbound call route from the line port is definitely set to {ph}?

From what you've said, the OBi is getting the caller ID and it's getting lost between the Line port and the Phone port - the only thing I can deduce as causing that is the inbound call route.

First, go to OBi Expert and change LINE port -> InboundCallRoute to say {ph} - wait for the OBi to reboot and do a quick test to see if it passes caller ID.  

If this doesn't work, go to the device local UI via it's IP address and go to the same location locally and change again the InboundCallRoute to {ph}

Let me know how this goes.  Next step after this would be to factory reset and see if caller ID works out of the box with no changes.

- Mark.
Obihai Technology (London, United Kingdom)

drgeoff

Quote from: WelshPaul on November 09, 2014, 10:40:09 AM.. sadly 'before first ring' isn't available in the OBi...
'Before first ring' is available as is 'After polarity reversal'.  It is the combination of the two which is not.  However 'Before first ring' is sufficient for my phone.

WelshPaul

Quote from: drgeoff on November 10, 2014, 11:26:30 AM
Quote from: WelshPaul on November 09, 2014, 10:40:09 AM.. sadly 'before first ring' isn't available in the OBi...
'Before first ring' is available as is 'After polarity reversal'.  It is the combination of the two which is not.  However 'Before first ring' is sufficient for my phone.

Yea sorry I forgot to copy and paste the 'and After polarity reversal' part too. Sadly my iPad is a total pile of poop since the release of ios 8. I totally loose the will to live with it now!

Setting the CallerIDTrigger to 'before first ring' results in caller display not working at all for me using these BT 4500 DECT phones connected to my OBi202: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DBWUC9I/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=479289247&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B002TLST2E&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0QAC0JAS7BHVZ7WB2ESJ

Setting CallerIDTrigger to 'After Polarity Reversal' results in the caller display working correctly and it is displayed before the first ring.

Setting CallerIDTrigger to 'After First Ring' also results in the caller display working correctly.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

DeanUK

Hi Mark,

The inbound call route from the line port has always been {ph}, except during some of the other tests described earlier in this thread when I tried to remove the " character, however I now understand the PhonerLite test narrows it down to an Obi/phone issue.  I'm using local Obi110 config on it's IP address of 192.168.1.3. I have factory reset several times both from the web admin page and using a paperclip in the hole underneath the box. Now I'm using the BT Display 50 in between the wall socket on the Obi110 and can see the caller-id displayed on that unit, while the phone ("BT Your Phone") connected to the other side of the Obi does not display it.

WelshPaul

Well that's odd... thought I would test out the CallerIDTrigger again this morning but now when choosing either After Polarity Reversal or Before First Ring caller ID does not work at all.

It now only works when I select After First Ring.

I think the best thing is to leave it at it's factory defaults and only adjust them if you encounter issues.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com