News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using SIP DID's with the OBi

Started by RonR, May 15, 2011, 07:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonR

If you have one or more DID's that forward via SIP URI to an ATA, softphone, or hardphone, they can be forwarded to your OBi instead.

Your OBi must have SP1 and/or SP2 configured for SIP.  It need not be a working provider.  You can set the ITSPx proxy server to anything (like 127.0.0.1) and disable X_RegisterEnable on SPx.

Forward ports 5060 and 5061 in your router to your OBi's IP address.

Forward your DID to your public IP address and the appropriate port number (SP1 = 5060. SP2 = 5061).  If you don't have a static IP address, a Dynamic DNS host name works fine.  Use any phone number:

12345@xxx.dyndns.org:5061

Calls will arrive at the PHONE Port, but CallerID can used on the SPx -> X_InboundCallRoute to perform the normal routing tricks.

I'm using this with IPComms and IPKall and both work very reliably.

drpeterchjr

Hi, RonR,

I setup my router to forward ports and pointed the IPKALL SIP URI to my IP address at port 5061 (for SP2).  But I just get a busy signal.  Any additional settings I should do on the Obi202?  The SP2 status says "Not Configured."

ianobi

RonR no longer answers directly on this forum.

The basic set up for a "fake" provider on an spX is:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID : checked

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> Enable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : 1234 (anything, but don't leave blank)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : unchecked

SP2 status should then show "Registration not required".

gderf

I wanted to have my IPKall DID directly ring my OBi, but I could never get it fully working. The OBi attached phone would ring, but audio in one direction or the other wasn't working. No combination of forwarding RTP ports, using a stun server, etc. would work. I gave up.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

Taoman

I don't get it. Is there an advantage to doing it this way as opposed to going thru a VoIP? I know RonR has said in the past he forwards his IPComms DID to a VoIP via iNum which is what I do. Why mess with forwarding ports if you don't have to? Plus you get the added bonus of whatever call treatment the VoIP offers.

Is this primarily for Asterisk/PBX users? I can understand it in that scenario.

SteveInWA

The original post was back in 2011.

There really isn't any point to using IPKall anymore.  Just use a free Callcentric NY DID -- you get a phone number with true SIP capabilities.