News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ring.TO Configuration

Started by voip4me, November 10, 2014, 07:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voip4me

Has  anybody configured their OBI for Ring.TO? If so can you only configure with the portal or can you manually configure it after you have the log in details?

Are you able to see your log in details in expert mode?

rolandh

Quote from: voip4me on November 10, 2014, 07:40:23 PM
Has  anybody configured their OBI for Ring.TO? If so can you only configure with the portal or can you manually configure it after you have the log in details?

Are you able to see your log in details in expert mode?

I've configured my OBi 200 for RingTo. As far as I know, RingTo can only be configured using the OBiTalk portal. You can see some of your login details in expert mode and more, specifically your SIP URI, in the local web interface.

voip4me

I've configured my OBi 200 for RingTo. As far as I know, RingTo can only be configured using the OBiTalk portal. You can see some of your login details in expert mode and more, specifically your SIP URI, in the local web interface.
[/quote]

Can you post a picture of the page with your personal information blanked out?

cluckercreek

As already discussed you can't get around the Anveo 911 requirement on Obi.

rolandh

Hi,

The question was asked if one could see RingTo login details in expert mode. As I've said the answer is yes. Unfortunately, being able to see those details and being able to do anything useful with them are two different things. For laughs and giggles, I've tried entering my login details into several softphones. The same details that RingTo happily accepts on my OBi are rejected as unauthorized. Apparently, RingTo (Bandwidth) rejects any login not coming from an OBi device purchased after May 1st provisioned through OBiTalk.

I agree with cluckercreek there is no end run regarding Anveo 911. As a Callcentric customer, I would prefer to use their 911 service but Obihai chose Anveo. I understand that this is frustrating for some but for an otherwise free service don't see the point of going to a great deal of effort to avoid paying $12-$15 annually.