News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai110 and Magic Jack

Started by DVST8, May 15, 2011, 10:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVST8

Hello,

I just purchased Obihai110 device and have it configured with google voice number.  My question is if it can also be used with my Magic jack device since Obihai has two ports?  Would I need a splitter to install the magic jack device?

RonR

You can simply connect the Magic Jack to the OBi's LINE Port and the let the OBi treat it as if it's a landline.  When you get an incoming call on either Google Voice or the Magic Jack, the telephone connected to the OBi will ring.  By default, the OBi will make outgoing calls on the Magic Jack, but you can select Google Voice instead by dialing **1 before the number.  Alternatively, the OBi can make outgoing calls though Google Voice by default but you can select the Magic Jack instead by dialing **8 before the number.

DVST8

Thank you!  I will try out your suggestion.

VaHam

I hooked up a MJ into one of my OBi100's and it works.....well ah sort of.  I noticed that the MJ has an onhook voltage of +45 volts and an offhook of -7 volts.  That polarity reversal give the OBi problems I believe.  I may trying to load the MJ rj-45 output with a 1k resistor which worked with getting MJ's to work with some phones.