News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi Call Button

Started by azrobert, November 11, 2014, 11:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

The Call Button never worked for me in the past. I tried it again and it worked calling my OBi200. The only change I made was upgrading my OBi200 to Build 4477.

The Call Button pop-up has changed. It has an option of selecting which OBi to call from a drop down list. The list includes my OBi110 which implies the Call Button will now work with OBi1xx's. When I tried calling my OBi110 I received message "This OBi requires a firmware upgrade". My OBi110 is at firmware level build 2824 and I don't want to upgrade to the current level. Can someone at the current firmware level try calling their OBi1xx and report back what happened.

Thanks

BigJim_McD

azrobert, 
The OBiTALK "OBi Call Button" works for my OBi202
-BUT-  Doesn't work for my OBi110 or for my OBi100. 

Both the OBi110 and the OBi100 are on Build: 2872 and
I also received the message "This OBi requires a firmware upgrade".
BigJimMcD

azrobert

Quote from: BigJim_McD on November 11, 2014, 01:02:30 PM
azrobert, 
The OBiTALK "OBi Call Button" works for my OBi202
-BUT-  Doesn't work for my OBi110 or for my OBi100. 

Both the OBi110 and the OBi100 are on Build: 2872 and
I also received the message "This OBi requires a firmware upgrade".
Thanks for taking the time to test this. The error message should say it won't work with an OBi1xx.

drgeoff

It also gives the 'needs firmware upgrade' message when an OBi1032 is selected.

drgeoff

I have this morning received a marketing email from Obihai which includes the following:

"
.....  and a cool, new way to make free calls to any OBi – right from your browser and the OBiTALK website! ..........................

Call any OBi for FREE Right from Your WebRTC Capable Browser

Obihai have integrated WebRTC, the latest Internet communications technology, into OBiTALK.com to let you make calls to any OBi number. You can even set up a Voice Gateway for your OBiTALK softphone and connect calls THRU your OBi to regular numbers. This functionality requires you to have the latest Chrome or Firefox browser. With WebRTC and OBiTALK, you can call for free, from anywhere in the world, by simply by logging into your OBiTALK account. To start your call, just click the 'Call OBi' at the top of the web page. That's it!
"

I've highlighted the use 3 times of the word "any".  No qualifications or restrictions.  Yet it does not work to my 110 or 1032.

Obihai's marketing and engineering departments are out of alignment.

azrobert

What does the following mean?
"You can even set up a Voice Gateway for your OBiTALK softphone and connect calls THRU your OBi to regular numbers."

QBZappy

Quote from: azrobert on November 12, 2014, 05:58:31 AM
What does the following mean?
"You can even set up a Voice Gateway for your OBiTALK softphone and connect calls THRU your OBi to regular numbers."

I never understood why anyone would want to use the OBiAPP knowing that calls can be made without needing that app. By properly crafting the inbound call route any voip softphone can reach the Auto Attendant in order to make a "2 stage" call using the far away OBi unit. I suspect this is what they are referring to. I mentioned this ability in this thread:

Is the OBiAPP going end of life? (How to setup X_Proxy on the OBi202 as a proxy)
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4570.0

In addition the "Call Me" button completely eliminates the need to install a voip softphone. I have also noticed recently that current versions of the Firefox browser now seem to want to work with the "Call be" button.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

azrobert

I didn't understand why they specifically used "Voice Gateway" and not "Trunk". Maybe they used it as a generic term and not a real Voice Gateway.