News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No caller ID at all for incoming private calls?

Started by BobSagget, November 11, 2014, 05:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobSagget

Hello everyone,

I just recently switched to a new Obi100 after years of using a Linksys PAP2T.

After setting everything up tonight I started to place incoming and outgoing calls to make sure everything is working.

I am using my Obi100 in Canada with the VOIP service FreePhoneLine.ca connected to a 5 handset Panasonic home phone system.

Incoming and outgoing calls seem to be working fine, but I have come into one issue.

When I call from one of my cell phones (private number) to my home phone, the caller ID on the panasonic phones do not display anything. Nothing more than "incoming call". Because of this, the call is never logged in the call log.

Previously on the Linksys PAP2T, calls from private names/numbers would show up as "private caller". These calls would be properly logged into my call log.
So when I got home I could flip through the call log on my phone and see all the calls I received that day.

Now it seems if I receive any calls from private numbers and I am not there to take it, or they don't leave a VM, I will never know a call was made.

I guess that's not quite true as the anonymous call is still logged in the Obi call history and in my FreePhoneLine account online, but this is an extra step I shouldn't have to take to check my recent calls.

Is there any way to make it so that incoming calls that originate from a private number will still send a "private caller" caller ID to the phone?

Thanks for any help.

Edit: I found a thread that someone made on this forum a couple years ago describing the same exact issue:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3852.0