News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Map USA numbers to a service provider

Started by citytrader, November 12, 2014, 02:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

citytrader

Hello to all, I have 4 services providers and I want to dial US numbers to one of them, how can I do the routing?

Thanks!

drgeoff

There is more than one way to do that.  One is to make the PhonePort Digit Map prepend **n (where n 1 to 4 depending on which SP you want to use) to certain numbers.  The other is to add a little bit to the Physical Interfaces/Phone Port/OutboundCallRoute.  Each method has its proponents.  I'll use the second one.

The exact characters depend on what you dial to indicate USA numbers and on which SP you want to use.

Assuming you dial US numbers as 001 xxx xxx xxxx and want them to go via SP4, you would add

{(001xxxxxxxxxxx:sp4)},

at the start of the string already there.

If you want to understand how it all works the Admin Use Guide has all the boring details. The relevant bits start at http://www.obihai.com/OBiDeviceAdminGuide#_Toc367543126

Edited.  Had forgotten {}.

citytrader

Quote from: drgeoff on November 13, 2014, 07:14:00 AM
There is more than one way to do that.  One is to make the PhonePort Digit Map prepend **n (where n 1 to 4 depending on which SP you want to use) to certain numbers.  

Hello, thanks for your help and the link of the guide!... if I want to do the Digit Map Prepend, how are the steps?... in the meantime I will read the admin guide!

drgeoff

Quote from: citytrader on November 13, 2014, 07:29:29 AM
Quote from: drgeoff on November 13, 2014, 07:14:00 AM
There is more than one way to do that.  One is to make the PhonePort Digit Map prepend **n (where n 1 to 4 depending on which SP you want to use) to certain numbers.  

Hello, thanks for your help and the link of the guide!... if I want to do the Digit Map Prepend, how are the steps?... in the meantime I will read the admin guide!
Add something like

<**4>001xxxxxxxxxxx

between | separators to the digit map.

(This assumes the default entry {(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4}, is still present in the OutboundCallRoute.)

Note that I've updated my earlier reply above about OutboundCallRoute to correct a mistake.

There is a downloadable pdf version of the guide too.   http://www.obihai.com/docs-downloads

After making changes it is always a good idea to make a test call and use the Status/Call history to see what number and what SP the OBi finally used.  (You can hang up as soon as you hear ringing.)  Call history is only visible via the device's local web interface, not via the Obitalk portal.

azrobert

Quote from: drgeoff on November 13, 2014, 09:03:09 AM
Note that I've updated my earlier reply above about OutboundCallRoute to correct a mistake.

I think it should be this:
{(001xxxxxxxxxxx):sp4},

citytrader

Thanks drgeoff and azrobert for your time!

drgeoff

Quote from: azrobert on November 13, 2014, 10:09:31 AM
Quote from: drgeoff on November 13, 2014, 09:03:09 AM

I think it should be this:
{(001xxxxxxxxxxx):sp4},

Indeed, your thinking is correct.  :)