News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Latest firmware 4477 stops GV from working

Started by Hortoristic, November 14, 2014, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hortoristic

Been OBI user for years.  With latest firmware upgrade my SP1 which is configured for GV stopped working - and status says "not configured". 

I do all my configuration from the web based URL not OBITALK.  I then tried configuring and unused SP3 for GV and it always reports "service not configured"

MarkObihai

Google Voice is now only supported when configured via the OBiTALK portal.  You can add your Google Voice account via the OBiTALK portal and continue to manage the device locally if you wish.
Obihai Technology (London, United Kingdom)

russela

What does that mean?  I had mine configured to SP2 and I'd make a call first dialing **2.  Now all I get is service not configured message when I do **2.  I also ran the configuration using the My Dashboard option. It says there that GV is configured but I still can't make a GV call from my phone. I guess I am not understanding what the firmware changed how to use GV.

Regards.

SteveInWA

Quote from: russela on December 15, 2014, 07:31:17 PM
What does that mean?  I had mine configured to SP2 and I'd make a call first dialing **2.  Now all I get is service not configured message when I do **2.  I also ran the configuration using the My Dashboard option. It says there that GV is configured but I still can't make a GV call from my phone. I guess I am not understanding what the firmware changed how to use GV.

Regards.

It means:  Obihai updated the OBi device firmware to support Google's more secure OAUTH 2.0 authentication requirement.  If you had previously added your Google Voice account credentials to your OBi device prior to spring of this year, then log onto your Google Voice account in one web browser tab, log onto the OBiTALK portal in another tab of the same web browser, and delete your Google Voice service provider configuration.  Then, add it back, and you'll be prompted to go through the new procedure.  It will use your logged-in Google session in the other tab to authenticate to your GV account, and exchange secure access tokens with the device.

For more details, see this post:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

202Owner

Quote from: MarkObihai on November 14, 2014, 09:17:02 AM
Google Voice is now only supported when configured via the OBiTALK portal.  You can add your Google Voice account via the OBiTALK portal and continue to manage the device locally if you wish.

Hey All,

Can someone confirm... does this mean that if I configure my OBi202 for GV on say SP3 using OBiTALK.com, can I then 'back out' and continue configuring my OBi locally using its web interface AND i) OBiTALK.com will not push automatic firmware updates, and ii) OBiTALK.com will not overwrite my locally-managed OBi202 configuration with unmanaged settings?  Once GV is configured, can I simply remove my OBi from OBiTALK.com to prevent any further interaction?

Thanks for any clarifications!

202Owner

Quote from: azrobert on January 11, 2015, 03:38:40 PM
See: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8685.msg57331#msg57331

Thanks for the details and your proof!  That thread could have stopped after your helpful OP... Google Voice/Hangouts may not be worth the trouble if one can afford the nominal cost of a fully-featured fully-supported ITSP... plus an OBi30x costs less sans the GV support.

Rodman

After firmware update my OBI100 wouldn't work anymore.  I couldn't reinstall google voice connection. Well after 2 days  it is working now. First - google voice must have a gmail address not some other email.  Next google mail must have chat - in gmail click the phone icon to make a call, make call, then click more option and add chat .  Then remove device on Obi account and reinstall. Without gmail address could not connect sp1.  Without chat I could dial out - always got a busy.  I hope this helps.