News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

setup caller ID on obitalk

Started by raman, November 14, 2014, 04:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raman

Guys,
I just switched from Vonage to Obitalk with Google Voice. I love it so far but only thing I miss is Name on called ID. I did search this forum and it shows that you can set up 3rd party service called Call Centric for it on your second port or something. However I already setup 911 service on second port with Anveo. What is the easiest way to setup Called ID ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

raman

anyone ? I know there is callcentric option... but I do have questions about that is why I asked in forum here.

1. If I port my number to callcentric, which means people call that number and then it gets forwarded to GV number it will work, but when I call how can I show my call centric number on outbound caller ID. Otherwise family won't pick up my number if its different number.

azrobert

You have it backwards.
You would use GV for outbound.
You also need a DID from Callcentric.
People would call you GV number and GV will forward the call to your CC number.
You need CC defined on SP2 (there is a work around).
There is a problem with GV forwarding calls to a CC DID.
I think (not sure) the problem is only with CC free DIDs.
I'm not familiar with Anveo, but if they accept outbound calls without registration you can setup E911 on a Voice Gateway freeing SP2 for CC.
CC requires you to purchase E911 with their DIDs, so you might want to switch E911 to them.

Edit:
See following for the problem with GV to CC free DID.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8744.0