News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help setting up RingTo/Anveo

Started by Alexandre, November 14, 2014, 06:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexandre

Can someone help me setup RingTo/Anveo on my Obi100?
I tried following tutorial but my situation might be different.
So first of all, I ported my number to RingTo a week ago, to make sure it will get ported, before buying Obi100 Device. Today I got Obi100 and set it on on ObiTalk. I was aware that I require E911 from Anveo, so I did that too.
However, now when I go to "Approved Service Providers" and select Learn More next to RingTo, it asks me to register for E911, although  SP1 on the device is already registered to E911 from Anveo. There is no way to skip E911 registration and proceed to RingTo, and no way that I can see to select current and continue on.

Please advise me how to proceed to registering RingTo in ObiTalk

Echo

This is a seat of pants reply. You have to clear your existing Anveo account from Obitalk. I think you go into the Dashboard or all the way into the Anveo SP and select to "disconnect" it or whatever the right term is, maybe "unsubscribe." Now use the method to connect/subscribe to Anveo while setting up RingTo.

Now, with luck, during this Anveo setup you will be able to select something like "already have Anveo account" and there you restart your existing one. Obitalk seems to be inflexible in these things but, nerdly, expecting you to know this and not making it clear.

You might find a better explanation already in these forums somewhere. I've been away a long time.