News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 and freephoneline.ca - can call out but inbound calls go to voicemail

Started by Vlad69, November 16, 2014, 07:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vlad69

Hi, I have been using Obi202 for about a year with no problem. I use freephoneline.ca as my VOIP provider and TekSavvy as ISP. Everything was fine up until about 2 weeks ago when I noticed significantly fewer incoming calls . Turns out most incoming calls do not get connected to me but either go to voice mail after a short delay or receive a busy signal. I used to have 2-5 callers a day and now it's down to 1-2 a week.  When I call my number the line goes quiet for about 10-20 seconds and then it takes me straight to my voicemail.

Calling out is not a problem at all.

I had freephoneline support check their side and they report that everything is working fine. There has been no changes in configuration on my end around the time the problem started.

I did some troubleshooting today and noticed that the incoming calls start coming in right after I reboot my Obi202 but then stop shortly after (within minutes). I updated the firmware today to the latest available but the problem did not go away.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance as I am unable to receive incoming calls.

Thank you
Vlad

Mango

First verify your OBi202 is configured as per the following:

http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16090

The guide is for an OBi100 but the configuration is the same.  If you use OBiTALK, you may need to use OBi Expert Configuration.

If it is configured correctly and you still experience the problem, let us know what router you use, or if the OBi202 is connected directly to the internet.

Vlad69

Thank you - I went through the configuration and noticed that my SIP authentication password was cleared from my box. I re-entered the password, adjusted two other parameters to the recommended values and it seems to be working now. I gave it a day to see if it's consistent (and it seems to be) - so looks like the problem is solved. Many thanks!
Vlad

Mango

Sweet.  :D

Unfortunately, there are a great deal of third-party websites providing incorrect information about device configuration for FreePhoneLine.  I'm glad to hear your equipment is working now; let us know if you have any more problems!