News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

E911 - Anveo or other - Will it work on both numbers?

Started by allmyphones, November 17, 2014, 08:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allmyphones

Hi - I have an Obi202.  No 911 yet.  Thinking of signing up for Anveo or other service. 
I have two numbers connected to my Obi - SP1 - My personal cell phone #; Sp3 is my home phone.
Sp2 and Sp4 show as available when I go to sign up for e911. 

My question is, will e911 service cover both my cell and home phone numbers (i.e. the entire obi device) or will it only cover one number - the Sp1 number if I choose to use Sp2 to setup e911 (or the Sp3 number if I choose to use Sp4 for e911). 

Appreciate clarification from someone who already has this setup or an Obi expert.

lrosenman

It should cover BOTH.  If you look at the dial maps, all the 911's map to the same place.

Mango

If you use Anveo for your 911 service, a unique callback number will be assigned to your 911 service at the time you dial 911.  It's unrelated to your other services that you have configured.  Does that answer your question?

ceg3

Quote from: Mango on November 17, 2014, 07:43:08 PM
If you use Anveo for your 911 service, a unique callback number will be assigned to your 911 service at the time you dial 911.  It's unrelated to your other services that you have configured.  Does that answer your question?
Can you elaborate on this?  I read this statement on Anveo's website and I didn't quite follow.  Are you saying the 911 service would receive a number other than my number I call from for them to call me back if necessary?  thanks!

Mango

Yes, that is correct.  The purported reason for this is to bypass any Caller ID filtering or other inbound call routing you may have in place, that would prevent a 911 operator from calling you back.