News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

1032 Questions

Started by tseward, November 18, 2014, 10:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tseward

I have a few questions for my 1032

1. am trying to configure different ringtones for each separate line.  Unfortunately when I go to do this in obitalk I can unselect the the obitalk control but it does not let me change the attribute in the custom field area.  Is this only configurable for the entire unit i.e. all lines ring the same way? Seems limiting if so.

2. where can I find out how to program other functions on the programmable keys is it only limited to the ones they give you. 

3. Where can I find how to properly configure and upload a xml file for the address book? 

4. Does anyone know if they have updated in the latest firm the ability to use the usb analog dongle as a way to incorporate a traditional landline or say a magicjack number via traditional analog?

5. Is it possible to place someone on hold and join another line?

6. Where exactly is the best way to get a full list of functions and instructions to fully take advantage of this business level phone? 

Any thoughts?  thanks in advance.

drgeoff

I'm not sure I understand your problem in question 1.

There are two Ring Profiles, A and B.  Each of those has 10 Ring Patterns each of which can be customised by you or left at the defaults.

Each Voice Service/SPn has X_RingProfile where you can select A or B.  Then further down you select which of the 10 in A or B you want to use by X_Default Ring.

tseward

Sorry I was not clear... So when I deselect obitalk settings everything remains grayed out so I am not able to select A or B.  Does device default have to be unselected as well? Ok just tried that and it does work if you Deselect device defaults and Obitalk settings.

So in order to have a different one for each I select the profile then select the corresponding tonename under the ring settings? Of course this begs the question, -Is there any way to hear each tone? 

Ultimately what I am trying to do is have each voice service i.e. SP1-6 ring in a different tone and volume.

drgeoff

My understanding is that you cannot have a different tone and volume for each SPn.  In a carry-over from the way that external phone instruments were rung in the OBi ATAs, only the ringing voltage frequency and the cadence (pattern of ring and no-ring periods) is programmable.  The tone and volume are the same for all SPs and can be set through the on-screen Preferences menu on the 1032 itself

giqcass

For me personally when I "unselect the the obitalk control" I must then click submit at the bottom of the page before I can change any values.
Long live our new ObiLords!