News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming calls on 2nd line only ring one device

Started by sirrico, November 18, 2014, 05:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirrico

Just put an Obi1032 in my home office, and a 202 in my house to hook up a regular phone system. Both devices have the same two GV numbers routed to them, and they both make and receive calls just fine. There's only one small hitch: whenever a call comes in on GV#1 (line 1 on both devices) the 1032 and the house phones all ring just fine. But when a call comes in on GV#2 (line 2 on both devices) only the phones on the 202 ring; the 1032 doesn't register the incoming call. If I disable the 202, or even if it happens to be mid-reboot while I make a test call to GV#2, the 1032 rings immediately. But as soon as the 202 is online, only it will detect incoming calls on GV#2 line 2.
   I let Obi do the configuration and both devices seem to have all the same settings in the web interface, so I'm not really sure what I'm missing. Firmware's all the way up to date, so I'm open to any suggestions. I'm just at a loss for why GV#1/Line 1 works perfectly, and GV#2/Line 2 falls just a little bit short. Thanks.

sirrico

Oh, and one other quirk: it looks like Line 2 calls actually get routed only to the devices that's most recently come online. So if I reboot the 1032, GV#2 calls only ring there, until I reboot the 202, and then they only ring at the 202 again. Either way, GV#1/Line 1 calls still ring both endpoints as expected.