News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Error in 6 Sept 14 UK Configuration XML File

Started by WelshPaul, October 12, 2014, 09:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WelshPaul

There are four errors in the above XML file.

I have an updated one here: https://www.ukvoipforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=342

I have sent Mark an email regarding the errors and hopefully he will get the file on these forums and the OBihai site fixed in due course.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

ianobi

WelshPaul,

Concerning disconnection under:

<Name>VoiceService.1.X_FXO.1.DisconnctDetect</Name>

This disconnect tone:

<Name>DisconnectTonePattern</Name>

<Value>400-30;20</Value>

The way I read this is that the OBi would have to receive a tone of 400Hz at -30dB for 20 seconds before it detects a disconnect tone. 20 seconds seems excessive. I cannot remember where I got the figures from, but I have been using:

<Value>400-30;3</Value>

It seems to me that getting "NU Tone" for 3 seconds should be enough to know that the called number has cleared.

It's a minor point, but I have had problems lately with UK CPC time being only 90ms, so the disconnect tone becomes more useful.

WelshPaul

The tones should be correct, they were taken from BT many moons ago...

The CPC timers are all wrong in the OBIHAI UK XML, the correct values can be found here: https://www.ukvoipforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=341&p=748&#p748

EDIT: The original disconnect tone was: 400@­30,400@­30;2(*/0/1+2) however OBi's don't use the traditional format. It appears an extra zero was added from somewhere. :(

The correct value i believe should be 400-30;2

Let me check with Mark if the OBi's use seconds or milliseconds with tone values, I'm sure it's seconds though.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

ianobi

I have just reread SIN 351 - I had forgotten I had it!

BT claim they will send NU tone for a time of between 3 and 20 seconds. So 400-30;2 looks good to me.

WelshPaul

Quote from: ianobi on October 13, 2014, 09:13:33 AM
I have just reread SIN 351 - I had forgotten I had it!

BT claim they will send NU tone for a time of between 3 and 20 seconds. So 400-30;2 looks good to me.

Yea, I have updated the XML file yet again with the correct value. One parameter uses milliseconds; another seconds. #Annoying!
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

MarkObihai

WelshPaul thanks a bundle for updating this!  I've now attached the updated file to the post.

Cheers,
Mark.
Obihai Technology (London, United Kingdom)