News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi Portal request. Soft phone forwarding.

Started by giqcass, November 28, 2014, 07:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giqcass

The basic idea:  I want to be able to forward calls from my Obi soft phone to all of my other Obi devices.  This would allow my Obi 110, 202, 1032, and Obion app to all ring at once.  I would like to see a menu under the soft phone settings listing all of the devices attached to the main account with check boxes or some thing similar to set each as a forwarding device for the soft phone.

Why: I can give out one Obi number to my friends that have Obi devices.

Work around: Give out the number of one of your physical Obi devices and set it up so calls forward to your other Obi devices.

• Why the Work around is inferior: It increases lag.  It creates an extra point of failure.  It's more difficult to set up.

I have used the Work around solution.  I did get it set up and it does work but I prefer to keep things simple and reduce failure points while increasing reliability.  If my internet goes out at the main unit (that I am using to forward calls) I would like to continue receiving calls over my Android phone via the Obion app and remote units.  Forwarding directly at the Obi servers seems like the most practical way to implement forwarding reliably and consistently.
Long live our new ObiLords!