News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 100 disconnects from GV

Started by MJINNY, December 01, 2014, 10:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJINNY

I've been using an Obi100 with GV for a while now.  A few months ago, I began experiencing issues with the device losing it's connection to GV.  When I try to dial out, the automated attendant informs me that "no service is available".  Additionally, when the device loses its connection, I notice the green light on the far right is not illuminated.  To remedy the situation I restart the device and that always fixes the connection issue.  However, it usually loses its connection within a few days.  I've reported the issue to Obi and they told me that the issue may be caused by the router and to try it with a different router.  The problem with this is that I'm using the exact same router that I used successfully with Obi and GV in the past.  They also told me to try to put the device in the DMZ on my router.  I have some reservations about this however.  Do you think it's safe to put the device in the DMZ?  Do you think this will resolve my issue?  Thanks!

drgeoff

Please do not start another thread on this.  One is sufficient.