News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Nomorobo & Obi 200

Started by EdT6, December 01, 2014, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdT6

In order for this to work, we need the calls to simultaneously ring on the phone attached to Obi200, and 866-732-6185. This is essentially ringing two places at the same time.

These may not be related but...

X_GTalkSimultaneousRing  is checked

from what I am reading, this is the parameter to use.
X_InboundCallRoute

I tried {ph,(18667326185)}, but it doesn't work.

hopefully the relevant details:
SP1 = Google Voice (but I am not apposed using a paid service provider)

Obi-support suggestion was to block call where the caller id is less than 7 digits which answer to a different question. {(?|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx):},{ph}

For those unfamiliar, Nomorobo doesn't actually block robocalls, but intercepts the robocalls. The way is supposed to work, the call simultaneously ring Nomorobo's 800 number and phone on my desk. On the first ring, nomorobo picks up the caller id, and if find a match in its database of robocaller ids, nomorobo picks up and hangs up on the call. The net effect, I don't answer on the first ring. If nomorobo doesn't intercept, I can pick up on the second ring.

This work on my landline right now. I am testing VOIP capabilities before transferring my lines from the telco to one of the Obi SPs  I am not likely going to use GV for my actual phone number. Just a quick/cheap means to test capabilities.

Any help on the parameters would be greatly appreciated!

giqcass

This isn't the right place for this discussion.

This is a thread already discussing options to use this service.  Good luck!
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8802.0

Edit: A brief explanation of why what you did won't work.  You caused the Obi to create an outgoing call without sending the original caller ID of the caller.  Instead it sent your caller ID.  Since your number isn't listed as a spam caller Nomorobo does not attempt to block the call.  In the thread I linked the parameter ";ui=$1"  tells the Obi to send the caller ID of the original caller.  Some services like Google Voice only allow you to send your caller ID when you make a call.  In the example tf.callwithus.com is a free service being used to make the outbound call.  They allow you to send the original caller ID.
Long live our new ObiLords!

SteveInWA

Quote from: EdT6 on December 01, 2014, 06:41:43 PM

In order for this to work, we need the calls to simultaneously ring on the phone attached to Obi200, and 866-732-6185. This is essentially ringing two places at the same time.

These may not be related but...

X_GTalkSimultaneousRing  is checked

from what I am reading, this is the parameter to use.
X_InboundCallRoute

I tried {ph,(18667326185)}, but it doesn't work.

hopefully the relevant details:
SP1 = Google Voice (but I am not apposed using a paid service provider)

Obi-support suggestion was to block call where the caller id is less than 7 digits which answer to a different question. {(?|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx):},{ph}

For those unfamiliar, Nomorobo doesn't actually block robocalls, but intercepts the robocalls. The way is supposed to work, the call simultaneously ring Nomorobo's 800 number and phone on my desk. On the first ring, nomorobo picks up the caller id, and if find a match in its database of robocaller ids, nomorobo picks up and hangs up on the call. The net effect, I don't answer on the first ring. If nomorobo doesn't intercept, I can pick up on the second ring.

This work on my landline right now. I am testing VOIP capabilities before transferring my lines from the telco to one of the Obi SPs  I am not likely going to use GV for my actual phone number. Just a quick/cheap means to test capabilities.

Any help on the parameters would be greatly appreciated!

If you port your desired telephone number to Callcentric, you can configure CC's call treatments to handle this, with no modification to OBi settings needed.  Instructions are in my original post in the linked discussion thread.

azrobert

This is the example in the link provided by giqcass:
ph,sp2(18661234567@tf.callwithus.com;ui=$1)

The spx you use must point at a trunk defined as SIP.
If you don't have an SIP trunk defined, setup a dummy trunk like this:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (any userid)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B

In addition to why what you did will not work you also had a coding error.
It should be:
{ph,sp1(18667326185)}