News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Future 9 - Just 911

Started by sir_rob, December 02, 2014, 02:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sir_rob

I am one of the suckers that prepaid service with Future 9.  Nitzan no longer responds to my messages or posts, and I have yet to get a response through their online contact form.

Does anyone know how to configure an OBI-202 to only use Future 9's 911 service?  I am using 2 outgoing google voice accounts and 2 incoming CallCentric accounts.  That fills up my service slots.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

giqcass

You can set up future9 as a voice gateway.  Which slots have Callcentric on them?

EDIT: I have been looking around to see if F9 can work without registration.  Anyone out there know?

@sir_rob
Before going through a lot of trouble setting everything up you might attempt creating a speed dial in the format below so we can make sure F9 supports voice gateways.

SP3(12024561414@outgoing.future-nine.com;xxxxxxxx:yyyyyyyyyy)

xxxxxxxx = YOUR FUTURE NINE 8 DIGIT ACCOUNT NUMBER (not 6-digit!)
yyyyyyyyyy = Your Password
12024561414 = The number of some person you can call for a test.  I believe F9 requires the leading 1.
SP3 =  This refers to a service provider slot.  It must be one of the slots set up for Callcentric. (SP3 = Slot 3)

EDIT2: I have confirmation that future-nine.com supports call without registration.
Long live our new ObiLords!

sir_rob

Thanks for your help.

I do not think that my account is operational with Future 9 (as you may have noted on the dslreports forum).  So, I don't think that will work.

As my four service slots are filled, I need to find an e911 service that can operate without registration - or am I mistaken there?

azrobert

Callcentric has an E911 service.
or
Get an E911 service that doesn't require registration.
or
There is a way to receive calls from Callcentric without registration. This will free an SP slot to register to an E911 service.

sir_rob

It would be great to be able to free up those service slots!  That would be my first choice.

sir_rob

I would like to be able to use either line to dial 911, but only pay for the e911 service once (not once per CallCentric account).  I believe this would be possible if CC (or another such as Anveo) can work without registration.

I have looked around the forum, but I could not find any conclusive setup procedure to use CC without registration.  If I missed it, please just link to it.

If I could do that, and have CC's inbound DID's work without registration, that would allow me to only use two service slots for the two google voice accounts we have on that OBI-202.  I could potentially even consolidate my other line on a separate OBI-202 and just use one box or add other services.

azrobert

You already have 2 Callcentric accounts registered to your OBi202.
Get E911 service for one of them and route 911 and 933 to it.

sir_rob

I will probably do just that.  You mentioned that there is a way to use CallCentric without registration.  Can you provide the instructions or link to them?  I could not find them when I searched.

SteveInWA

I hope this adds some clarity, rather than confusion:

Callcentric provides inbound and outbound services a la carte (separately).  Their free or paid inbound numbers (DIDs) are offered separately from any inbound service. 

OUTbound service is sold by the minute, or in buckets of minutes, or unlimited minutes.  E911 service is (obviously) OUTbound, and so its cost has nothing to do with whatever DIDs you may have provisioned on your device.  All you need to do is subscribe once to E911 service for your Callcentric account, regardless of how many inbound DIDs you have.  Some outbound calling plans, like the 500 minute plan include E911, or you can pay for it once per month, at $1.50 per account.  Then, using the OBi portal or local settings, you simply select to use either one of your Callcentric-configured service provider slots to use for E911 calls.

Callcentric's E911 service provider arbitrarily assigns a different (phantom) DID number as your caller ID 911, so that it isn't dependent on you even having a Callcentric DID phone number.

azrobert

I was going to post the below, but I decided to try it first before posting.
My phone rings, but I have no audio.
Since I previously got this working my ISP upgraded me to a faster service and I have a new modem.
I don't know if the problem was caused by the change in service or I'm forgetting something.
I don't have time to play with this now.
I didn't finish the post.
I was going to explain about dynamic IP addresses.

First the disclaimer:
The following worked for me.
This setup routes the call using an SIP URI.
The OBi devices are famous for having audio problems when routing calls using a URI, so you might have problems.

The SP slot you route calls to must be defined as SIP. This example is using SP4, so it must be defined as SIP.

Login to your Callcentric account.
Click Call Treatments
Click Add a new Call Treatment
Click the circle next to This Number
Enter anything@xx.xx.xx.xx:5063
xx.xx.xx.xx is your public IP Address
If you don't know your public IP address go here: http://www.whatsmyip.org/
On the right side of the page click This Number under Called Number
From the drop down menu select the number
Click Save

In your Router:
Port Forward 5063 to the IP address for your OBi202
Port Forward RTP ports 17100 thru 17198 to the IP address for your OBi202
This is 99 ports.
The RTP ports are found in the OBi202 here:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> RTP -> LocalPortMin/Max

Edit:
I resolved the audio problem.
The call was being forwarded to an SP registered to a local PBX.
Changing it to an SP registered to a provider on the internet fixed the problem.
Everybody's network seems to act a little differently, but mine requires the SP to be register to a provider outside my local network.

A changing public IP addresses isn't a problem if you use dynamic DNS.
Get a free account here: http://freedns.afraid.org/
If your router doesn't have a service to update the IP address, the OBi can update it.
See: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4797.msg36667#msg36667

My public IP address has changed once in the last 12 years.
We have had several power outages and I've re-booted the modem a bazillion times and still only one IP change. The only time it changed is when we had an extended power outage.
Not all ISPs will act the same.

You should also assign a static IP address to your OBi.

This setup might seem overwhelming to a newbie, but it isn't that hard.

Edit2:

To block scanners change the SP4 X_InboundCallRoute to:
{>anything:ph}

After you replace Callcentric with a new service do the following to allow inbound calls from the new service and Callcentric:
{>anything:ph},{>AuthUserName:ph}

You can eliminate the 1st rule by changing the Callcentric Call Treatment to:
AuthUserName@xx.xx.xx.xx:5063

Now change SP4 X_InboundCallRoute to:
{>AuthUserName:ph}

Mango

Your problem was probably solved by forwarding your RTP ports.  Configuring Callcentric to route via SIP URI adds points of failure as it will stop working when your ISP changes your IP address.  It is also a security risk and subjects your device to scanner calls.

If you have problems with receiving nuisance calls that do not appear in Callcentric's call records, reconfigure your setup to use registration and remove your port forward for 5063 - but keep your RTP port forward.

If you must use SIP URI forwarding, you should use a high X_UserAgentPort (between 20000 and 65535) and also configure your X_InboundCallRoute as follows:

X_InboundCallRoute: {>('anything'):ph}

I have used 'anything' as the username to be consistent with your example SIP URI.

Note that it may be helpful to register to your 911 service provider in case the 911 operator needs to call you back.

SteveInWA

Forgetting about Future 9, and given that sir_rob already has Callcentric service, there's no need to set up any "this may or may not work" configurations.  Just route 911 calls to one of the two existing Callcentric SP slots.  It's one box to click on the portal.  As long as you're subscribed to an outbound calling plan of some sort, that includes E911, it will call 911.

giqcass

When I wrote my initial reply I thought you had F9 functioning reliably at some point.  I believed your issues were with getting help with this particular configuration.  Now that I have seen your other post on DSLR and know you never even had the basic service working I wouldn't suggest using it for emergency calls.  You would never know if something breaks till you need it.  I would go with SteveInWA and just keep it simple by using CC for 911.

As others said above you only need one 911 account through CC.  Each line can be set up to use that account for 911 and still function independently in all other situations.  The good part is it's a heck of a lot simpler then anything else we could suggest.
Long live our new ObiLords!

sir_rob

Thanks for all of the advice.

Here is how I have it set up.  Hopefully this is the optimal solution.

-Two Google Voice accounts for all outgoing calls on two different lines
-One CallCentric account with two free DID's.
-The first CC DID rings on the first GV account.
-The second CC DID uses a call treatment for forward to an extension that is registered on my OBI-202 as the inbound line for the second GV account.
-I started the 911 service from CC today and in the OBI configuration checked the 911 box for both the default and extension CC services.

Hopefully that is done properly.  Again, thanks for the help!

azrobert

If anybody needs to free an inbound Callcentric trunk for another service, see my reply #10 above.
I resolved the audio problem and updated my post.

The OP specifically asked for the instructions for this setup in reply #7, but he is going to use E911 with Callcentric.

sir_rob

Awesome!  I will follow those steps when I need to add another service.  Thanks for the help!

Mango

Quote from: azrobert on December 03, 2014, 04:48:25 PM{>AuthUserName:ph}

You forgot the quotes.  What you posted will work - as long as the AuthUserName does not contain characters used for other purposes.  A more reliable syntax is: {>('AuthUserName'):ph}

Edit: My bad!

azrobert

Quote from: Mango on December 04, 2014, 06:14:25 PM
You forgot the quotes.

I'm a fanatic about reducing the amount of code, even if it's only a couple of characters.

When you code {>('AuthUserName'):ph}
('AuthUserName') becomes a DigitMap because it's enclosed in parentheses.
In a DigitMap reserved characters have a special function therefore you need the single quotes.
Quotes make the character string a literal.

When you code {>AuthUserName:ph}
AuthUserName without the parentheses becomes a literal.
Reserved characters in a literal do NOT have a special function therefore the quotes are not needed.